1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest son is turning 13 next month and I would like to buy him a project for his birthday. He asked for another airsoft gun but their cheap and usually don't last a year.

I saw the frames and frame kits on Sarco for $159 and my wife agreed with me that this would be a much better purchase than another cheap piece of plastic. http://www.sarcoinc.com/pistols-frames.html

I have a new manufactured Colt 70 series slide and a spare barrel so I was thinking that maybe I could put something together. This would be a father and son project and would teach him a little about gunsmithing.

What do you guys think? Is the Sarco a good choice for what I am trying to do? I know the parts in the frame kits are probably bottom of the barrel but I figured that he could upgrade them if he wanted to.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
As your First One To gunsmith on i think Cheap is good.. not as hard to scrap a cheap frame vs a 700 casipian frame

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.