1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I watched "Extreme Marksmen" on the History channel tonight...they had Tom Knapp, Jerry Miculek, Byron Ferguson, and a few others on there.

Anyway...Jerry Miculek used both hands to see how fast he could empty a 10 round mag from a 1911...according to the shot timer it came out to be 674 rounds per minute. He emptied the mag in way less than 1 second (don't remember the exact time), all I could distinguish was the sound of 5 shots, but in slow motion you can count the brass...which were flying out of there about 4 inches apart, all 10 of them.

I knew the 1911 was a fast shooter...but I never suspected it could cycle that fast.

I thought that was pretty neat...:gun;

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I agree. That certainly was a great show. Some of the shooting was beyond my belief.:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I really wonder if they are shooting fullhouse defense loads or light loads w/ real light springs.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I wondered that also, but then some of the top revolver shooters can empty the cylinder pretty darn fast too.

That's a God-given talent right there. Like any top-level athlete, there's those that have it naturally and are made better with practice, and some of us will never shoot that well no matter how many rounds we fire.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
As fast as Jerry is, Bob Munden is faster. Tracy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well on my best day ever x25 I could never come close to those guys. But then again I train for two shots and a follow up, and that is a different drill altogether. Are they using lighter loads lighter triggers I don't know, but they are fun to watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.