1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years ago a crack house was born on our street about 200 yds from our house. At about the same time, on another board, there was a discussion about neighborhood transitions & the practice of staying armed on body in the house.
From that time on it has been my practice to put it on when I get dressed of a morning & not take it off untill I get my shower & ready for bed.
After shower if it is early evening & I get dressed again, I rearm on belt.
If late & I am in house pants & no belt I keep it on my desk when on the computer or in my recliner while reading.
I have coined a teaching phrase that I use when setting up a home defense plan.
"Never put a door between you & your gun." I live by it.

How many stay onbody armed or w/in IMMEDIATE reach while at home?
Texas is open carry legal on your own property. How many stay armed while doing yard work or porch sitting...?
Any of you that live in a no carry state arm up when you get home?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
ALWAYS...in my holster on my side. Its just like getting up in the morning and putting my socks on....and I never go barefooted.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
One in the truck if I'm in the yard, one in the dresser drawer, and usually one hiding high at the door.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We can't carry here in NJ except on our property. I found it impractical to put the gun on and off every time I come home and leave. Walk the dog - take it off, run out for milk, take it off. If I forget to leave the gun and get into an accident of some sort and the gun becomes exposed, now I'm in trouble for no reason.

If I lived in a high crime area, I might think differently. If I lived in a state where I could carry legally, I'd carry at home as well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We are a no CCW state as you know..But the minute i walk in the door lock front fence so no strays come in .change into shorts and the XD .45 goes on under loose shirt in IWB for yard work or BBQ some vittles until bed time , and then stays on nightstand with the StreamLight SL-25..

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
ALWAYS...

Either on me or with in arms reach. As Col. Cooper said, "If it isn't within arms reach, you are not armed."

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I don't Always have the Gun on me but there is one near me ... Right now the TRS is right here next to me .. there are 3 other 1911's at close reach in the house along with the rest .. So while i might not have it holstered im not going far for one

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I always have one either on me or within arms reach and home and having a chl it's always on me when I leave the house.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Always on me except at work. Keep one in my POV for the times I can't have one "on me". Ltw Comm is on my hip as I type in an OWB holster. Got confirmation today, my CrossBreed Super Tuck was shipped. Can't wait. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have 2 that are good for the 200yds and ++++++++

Tika T3 Hunter in 300wsm

SA M1A loaded w/ the battle sites.

:flag::wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
YEAH BABY!

Either would work quite well, Longtooth.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you sir & so they do.
I hunt w/ "Badger", the 08 out to 200 yrds.
Past that I get "Big Sam."

Yes gentlemen, I name them all.:wink:

Thats why I dont have many.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Beautiful Tikka LT.

·
Registered
394 Posts
At home, one of my 1911`s is on me all weekend from getting dressed in the morning till ready for bed. During the week, since I can`t carry for work, my carry gun is locked in the safe bolted to the floor behind the seat of my truck. Then when I get home, the carry gun sits beside me in the house.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Always have some type of firearm within reach!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Sometimes I carry at home, but not often.
I have a bug out bag, unzipped, with the Glock 17 and some other supplies in the garage -easy to get to. A pistol on the bed side table under a clean hand towel - bedroom. A pistol in a drawer - kitchen. And a shotgun on the wall above the door on the inside of the entry closet. I've worked it out so I'm usually within 10 seconds of a weapon, unless I'm outside mowing or something. I haven't quite worked that out yet???:biggrin:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Always on or with in reach.I read a thread a couple of years ago where a guy carried in the bath room ,he didn't want to be caught with his pants down. Makes alittle bit of sense...:thinking:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts