1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I tend wear no belt and t-shirt a lot so I prefer clips. I have an ugly bald guy striker 1 and a Mark garrity in comspicuous as is pictured here:

http://www.1911auto.org/showthread.php?t=68

I like both of them a lot but for the lightest carry I like the garrity on the right.

For a very reasonable clip holster that I have owned for a number of guns I really like the Don Hume 715. It's a great bang for the buck holster. It doesn't have the cant of the garrity, but it's in a different league really and cost much less.

http://www.donhume.com/products/ProductsPage.cfm?ProductID=35

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Well it may fit your needs it has a good sight channel and stay put and I wear it till bed time so it is like carrying a wallet I don't even know it is on.I do have many holsters yet that one is my favorite.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I found a Milt Sparks (summer special 2) that I think will be very good for Florida. I tend to sweat a lot and it has a moisture shield on the body side. The best part is I found a company that has one in stock so I will get it very soon.:biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
K&D Maverick Defender

I just took possession of a K&D Holsters Maverick Defender for my PT1911. It's a FINE holster for the money for sure and a very innovative design which Kevin first started and has had some copycats.

The lead time for a custom holster is 14-16 weeks but they have a link to some retailers who carry them and it's a good chance the 1911 Maverick may be in stock at one of those retailers. I bought mine that way. Bought it Tuesday and got it today. It has a sweat shield too which is a big deal for me.

Here is the link and a picture:

http://www.kdholsters.com/iwb-defend.php

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome Reeek. How about you guys posting some pic's of your pt1911's?:wink:

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Great taste in holsters I use a milt Sparks SS2 brahma. I seen the VM11 but they are on backorder now. I will have to check out Kramers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah the Sparks are nice, but my favorites are the Kramer's ( the 3-4 week wait is a lot better than 26-30 too). If you can find an Alessi, jump on it.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
My carry leather is made by John Ralston at www.5shotleather.com. I had him make mine out of horsehide, which holds the gun steady as a rock. His belt is the best I've ever had. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here is my Beltster from www.banderagunleather.com

I have had these two for about two years now and they have been great. No problems at all with them and they carry very well and secure!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Of lo the many holsters I've tried, here are the ones I stick with:

IWB: Tucker Answer. Blade Tech Universal.

OWB: Tucker HF1.

I am very impressed with UBG and K&D, aswell.

As soon as Bruce Gibson gets rolling on his long awaited holsters, they will be worth a look. He does some incredible work.

·
Forum Supporters
51 Posts
My carry leather is made by John Ralston at www.5shotleather.com. I had him make mine out of horsehide, which holds the gun steady as a rock. His belt is the best I've ever had. Here's a pic:

But they're all "back-handed' !!!
I gotta second John's work--here are a couple he did for me a short while ago:
I had him shift the loops to cut some of the bulk and still keep the gun rock solid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts