1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Rock Island "Tactical" .45 and love it. I've already got the fever for another model, possibly one of the 4" barrell models. I'm trying to figure out the relationship between these companies and their products. I assume that Armscor is the parent company, and that Rock Island is essentially a private label brand that is manufactured by Armscor and distributed in the U.S. under the Rock Island Armory name. Is this correct?

Is there a similar relationship with the High Standard brand? I have heard that the High Standard 1911's are manufactured by Armscor, but I haven't seen anything that would positively verify this fact.

SteveM.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jetmugg,

Armscor, RIA, CD, High Standard, and STI Spartan are all made my Armscor. The STI uses STI internal parts though.

Hope this helps to make it all very clear......:biglaugh:

TM

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi-Standard GI's are made by Armscor. I was led to believe that HS was going to produce a "higher end" 1911 model or 2 themselves. I've seen a picture of one of these but no other proof that they followed through with those plans. Maybe others here have heard more details. I own a HS manufactured by Armscor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
High Standard gets their guns from Armscor, disassembles them, then sends the parts to Rock Island who repackages and then ships them to Charles Daly where they are unboxed and bagged and shipped to STI and who then cleans the parts and bags them seperately and sends them to BUL where they are weighed and shipped to Armscor to be put together and sent to various unnamed distributors know as RIA, Charles Daly, and High Standard and Bul.......I think.....or maybe it's the other way around.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts