1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 1911 GI. It looks like a nice weapon. I have not shot it yet but I was Hand cycling it and some of the rounds were ejecting and some were not.I hope It will eject the empty's when I do shoot it. Is this a patential problem. Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new HS!!!:smile::smile: Post pictures when you can!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I say take that thing to the range and "Break it in"...

You will not know until you do...
Welcome to the forum, it is a great place here...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a High Standard 1911, Officer model, and I have put about 300 rounds thru it so far since I have had it, and have not had any problems with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
my 1 month old HS GI has 700 rounds through it already. The original magazine that came with the pistol was junk and threw it out after the first range session. i'm waiting to try out some new kimpro mags. CMC power mags work quite well in the HS.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Look under the dust cover. If it says anything about Armscor, Twin Pines, Phillippenes or Pahrump it was manufactured and assembled in the PI.

·
Registered
143 Posts
SIX-FIDDY? Are they nutz,or am I? It's a Rock G.I. with a stumpy safety.

oooops. sorry mauser,.....uuuuhm.... welcome to the forum?? :wavey:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a HS GI made by Armscor. High Standard at one time was also manufacturing a higher end 1911 in Houston but very few came out ( the last I heard). Here's a pic of mine, with a few mods!

·
Registered
143 Posts
?? Was he kidding about the HS looking too good to be an RIA ?? I think somebody's been sitting to close to the open bottle of Hoppe's #9 for far to long.:wink:

·
Registered
71 Posts
just got back from a gun store that had a high standard with dovetailed sights, front and dback with an adjustable rear. blued finish and a cost of 750. it was not like mine, a GI, almost a twin to an RIA. looked more like a loaded Springer. 1st one I've seen like that!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not all of the HS pistols were made by Armscor!!!!

And what may I ask is wrong with an RIA!!!!:nonono:
What is wrong with RIA you ask?

I will tell you what.... NOTHING.

I put my RIA up against ANY 1911 and most of the time out shoot them and EVERY time it is 100% reliable....

Like it has been said before ( if it ain't a ROCK, you paid A LOT )

:shades:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have 3 Armscor pistols, including a nickel .38 Super that is gorgeous and very accurate! It's certainly not me saying there's something wrong with them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts