1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals!

I'm new here from "the midwest." I love the 1911 and have been blessed by the 1911 gods with three "good" ones (Springfield TRP Operator, Baer Thunder Ranch and a Rock River Limited Match, all 5" guns). I CCW the Baer 24/7/365. As Clint Smith so astutely observed, "When I carry it, it's a big gun - but when I draw it, it's a BIG GUN."

How can you argue with logic like that?? :biggrin:

My carry ammo of choice is Federal EFMJ 200g. +P - I switched to this ammo after I test fired a round of it into a pumpkin in my back yard and recovered the slug. It has retained 100% of original bullet weight and had expanded to .70"

My CCW mags are Chip McCormick 8 rd. Power Mags. There are more expensive mags to be had, but I'm not sure they are any better than the Power Mags, so why pay $10-12 more for them? Just my humble opinion...

Be safe everyone,
Progunner 1957

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Welcome! You'll fit right in with thinking like that. :gun3:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
"When I carry it, it's a big gun - but when I draw it, it's a BIG GUN."

How can you argue with logic like that?? :biggrin:
You can't...:smile:

Welcome to 1911auto

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Most of us carry a 1911 of some sort. I usually carry a 5", but sometimes carry an aluminum frame 4".

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Another welcome from Snag

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.