1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fig'r everyone loves a blond, and I'm no exception.

SOOOO, I dug up some red oak I've had laying around.
and girlfriend became a Strawberry blond tonight

I made all these this week

I think I'm ready for some big buck wood exotic woods.
I paid too much for a couple peices of highy figured Cocobolo on e-bay a coupld days ago.
We're gonna see if I'm ready for prime time:eek:

Bud, tell us what kids charity you'll donate $25 to, then take your pick of the three.
They'll be in mail by Friday.

welp, I never checked with the head Houncho, but If it's all right with Jerry, I'd like to do the same for the other two sets.
Anyone who donates $25 to a charity or org that benefits kids, well get to pick a set

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
203 Posts
That red oak's radius is beautiful...all the way down to the rear corner. Did you recess a little for the MSH pin?
My daughter is head of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life at her college. I'll gladly donate $25 more for that set, unless you've promised them to someone else.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If donations to a local Boy Scout troop would work I'd happily donate $25-30. And if a set of grips is thrown in it is a double bargain.

·
1911auto Supporters
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas

welp, looks like they're all going to good homes then.:wink:
I may do more of this in the future, but for now, these three sets are it.

AZ, you know, I intended for the these grips to cover MSH pin, but never thought to recess for it.
Honestly, I never looked to see if they're were perfectly flush at the pin.

DOH!!

BTW, I like the radiused look too.
The first experiment set I made were for my de-horn semi-melt gun, so the rounded bottoms made sense to me.
I liked the look, and made some for my "regular" guns too

Bud get's first choice since he was the first to ask and the first I offered the charity deal to.
I'm pretty sure he wants the flat/jeweled walnut ones.
If so, the oak are yours.
I'll recess for the MSH pin too

KbO, what ever is left, is yours

lastly, I trust we're all men of our word, and will make the promised donations
Other wise KARMA will get you:rofl:

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Received Cap's Red Oak grips today. They are beautiful in their simplicity and fit perfectly. Donation went to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life at Occidental College in Los Angeles. Thanks Cap!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, I'm a little late posting:sleepy:, but I received Cap's grips a couple of days ago.:dancingbananna: Mine are the set on the left. My donation of $30 went to Ozark Trails BSA (Boy Scouts of America).:flag: These things really spice up the look of my 1911. A big thanks to Cap.:bravo:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do like the angular look. How do they feel?
Too be honest... At first glance I thought "At least they look pretty, I can put them on a display gun" ....
But then I put them on and they feel great. The angles thicken the grip but allow access to the safety. All I need to do now is checker my front strap to secure my grip.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Cap, your grips look fantastic!!!!:smile: I am sure that you will do just fine on the exotic woods!!! I donate to Saint Jude Children's Hospital every month so I will let the other members go for your grips right now and make a donation. When you get some other grips made and it is my turn for a set please let me know!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Cap, Saint Jude Children's Hospital treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. The hospital accepts only what your insurance will pay and not anything beyond that. And for those families without insurance it never asks for a payment.

Cap, my wife and I have 2 very healthy grown sons, 3 wonderful healthy grandchildren and are very, very grateful for that. We are very fortunate in that our family is healthy and it just feels good knowing that we are able to help out children with life threatening diseases!!!:smile: Every little bit, no matter how large or small a donation makes a difference!!!

Check out www.stjude.org

1 - 15 of 15 Posts