1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a nice set of wood grips for my GRP II Bobtail. I was looking at http://www.esmeralda.cc/ but am not sure what wood would look good on my pistol. If its not to much to ask could you post your opinions on which grip would look best. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
you want checkered or non some wood doesn't look as good checkered as uncheckered..Also if its a carry gun i dont like to use wood as they get beat up to fast

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I would like to have the half checkered, but if a uncheckered looks better the Checkering on the MSH and Front strap is very nice.

ETA: I would just like a nice set of wood grips doesn't matter checkered or not. Just need guidance on which type of wood.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
62 Posts
You really cant beat Ahrends grips...those are gorgeous indeed...but you know
the grips I got on my Baer and my Kimber are almost as pretty and have nice figure
like the ones above. Esmerelda makes nice grips...but have heard some complain that
the wood or finish is soft on them...my BobTailed Talon came with fantastic grips...
if you don;'t like what they sent...I am certain they have others...

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
...but you know
the grips I got on my Baer and my Kimber are almost as pretty and have nice figure
like the ones above....
The stocks that came on my C4 are really pretty too.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bocote is a favorite of mine. On that pistol, I'd think a marbled macassar ebony would look stunning.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Ahrends are nice.. I have a set on my RZ-10 the half checkered

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I went for the top set and here is how it turned out. Let me know how it looks. I know the right side grip needs a little more sanding by the MSH pin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts