1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Help me pick out a scope...please

Thanks to all of your help, I recently brought home a Ruger Mark III. I am thinking about adding the Volquartzen's accurrizing kit to smooth out/lighten the trigger on mine and make it a bit more accurate. And I am looking to add a red dot scope. I was wondering what suggestions people might have regarding upgrades in general and a scope for my Mark III in particular.

As always, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
how much ya want to spend .. I have a red dot on MKII and it adds a lot of weight .. I would go with a style like the Burris fastfire if i was to change it now ..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not wanting to spend too much (probably no more than $200). I am wanting to a couple of things to it (thread the barrel, drop in the accurrizing kit, and get a scope) so I don't mind spending where I need to...but money saved will go towards the other upgrades.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
again look for something small and light weight .. a small aimpoint isnt bad but they are small about 60 $$ work great but i prefer a bigger opening

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've got a Bushnell Trophy red/green mounted on one of my 22/45's. I like the fact I can change the reticle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts