1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See some familiar names around here. Thought I might as well post these all over the place. Finished the break-in on my new Thunder Ranch today. 525 total rounds:dancingbananna:
Brought the Mil-Spec along for the ride:

TRS targets.
25 rounds 7 yards, 25 rounds 15 yards.
Gun is much better than I am :frown:

· Premium Member
932 Posts
Welcome to the High Life.:flag:

Snag

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I now have roughly 2700 failure free rounds through the TRS and have finally gotten familiar with the trigger. No target to show off, but it is now my carry gun.

· Registered
12 Posts
Well I now have roughly 2700 failure free rounds through the TRS and have finally gotten familiar with the trigger. No target to show off, but it is now my carry gun.
I have no idea what kind of ammo you are using, but just for the sake of conversation, lets say you were buying factory ammo at an average of $.50 per round. Thats $1350 in ammo! Of course if you roll your own, and cast your own bullets from wheelweights or other scrap lead, your cost would be a small fraction of that. Anyway, a TRS is on my short list of "wants", and when I get one, I hope to put a lot of rounds through it as you have done. Thanks for the report.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I look at it this way. The amount of money I spend on ammo is far less than it will cost my family to put me in the ground should I fail to be prepared. I am not a tin foil hat type person by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been shooting all my life and am a firm believer in being proficient with my weapons. I also work in the oil and gas industry and am away from home 20-25 days a month. I have few hobbies and guns and shooting is one of my main so most of my "hobby" money goes to ammo. I do not roll my own, but try to find the cheapest (cost wise) ammo I can find. Luckily my local Academy has been keeping a good stock of Monarch FMJ @ 18.99 per 50 rounds. That is roughly $.38 per round. Again, I consider the amount of money I spend on ammo money well spent. Keep in mind that this does not include the ammo I put through my S&W J frame that I also carry or my Springfield Mil-Spec that sees some range time also. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.