1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember who it was, but a member of www.missouricarry.com had posted a link to this site, so I stopped by.
I mean, a site dedicated to the M1911 has to be worth looking at, right?
Anyhow, I reside in the great state of Missouri, and have been shooting 1911's for a few years now. I am a U.S Navy veteran, currently retired because of a nasty motor-vehicle accident back in 2004.
I bought my first 1911 back in 2005, it was a Kimber Pro-Carry II, and that was followed by a SiG GSR, a Springfield Mil-Spec, 2 Taurus PT1911's, and two S&W1911's. Currently I have only the S&W1911's due to my penchant for trading one for another. Along the way there has been an S&W Sigma .40(my first pistol that I bought when I was stationed out in San Diego), a pair of Springfield Armory XD's(one 4" one 5" both chambered in .45ACP), an EMF Great Western single action revolver in .45 Long Colt( I miss this one), and a SiG P220(this one too...). Also I currently own a SiG P6 9mm, and a Ruger SP101 chambered in .357 mag., and an S&W Model 34 in .22 LR.
I still have a handful of long guns, like my SKS, and an AR-15 project that I am working on(built on a Lauer Custom Weapons lower), though I traded a few including my Benelli shotgun for my Blue SW1911.
I suppose that is all for now,

John.:flag:

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Welcome from Arizona

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is quite the history of trading.

Welcome to the forum. :wavey:
Yea, if I had saved my money, instead of buying all manner of off the shelf guns, I could have bought a Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, or an Ed Brown, or one of the other high-end 1911's. Funny thing about hindsight....
But on the other hand, I do now have extensive knowledge of how lots of guns work.

Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome

John

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome abaord jm1911c,
We already have a lot in common. My Dad was a WWll & Korean Navy Vet.
Served on the USS Lunga Point in WWll as a Signalman. Liberated Manilla Bay Leyte, Luzon, Iwo, Okanawa. His name was John.
I carry a Kimber Pro CDPll.
Glad to have you.
LT

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome abaord jm1911c,
We already have a lot in common. My Dad was a WWll & Korean Navy Vet.
Served on the USS Lunga Point in WWll as a Signalman. Liberated Manilla Bay Leyte, Luzon, Iwo, Okanawa. His name was John.
I carry a Kimber Pro CDPll.
Glad to have you.
LT
The 1911, and the US Military, proud to serve, proud of those who have served, and of those who will serve.

GO NAVY!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.