1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site while the 1911 Forum was offline for a few days this past week. Glad to see there's yet another place to hang out with fellow 1911 aficionadoes. There never can be too many. :)

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Welcome, I think you may enjoy this one the best, but it is still growing.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Hi dsk, glad you finally made it.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum dsk!!!:smile::smile:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hello dsk, glad you made it. We've only started in mid november and had a couple of tranitions, but we are growing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys. I'll probably be hanging around mostly in the Colt and USGI sub-forums, since that's where my primary areas of interest lie.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Welcome, Glad to see another familiar name. Tracy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those not keen on the inside joke, one of our former governors was a liberal named Mike Lowry. His tendency to pronounce the state "Warshington" drew jokes from pretty much everybody in the media. I once had a school teacher who did the same thing.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
My mother pronounces wash sorta like that, sounds like worsh. She also says aigs for eggs, laigs for legs and a few more things. She is the only one in the family that talks like that and nobody in her family does or did. Nobody knows where she got it from, My grandmother when she was alive did not know either.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I heard it growing up in Md, living next to "Warshington".:wink: Tracy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.