1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm, currently, not a 1911 owner. I've joined this forum to try to learn more about 1911s. I'm looking into getting either a Springfield SS Loaded or Kimber TLE/RL II.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome to the board & the 2 you mention are excellent choices. I have a SA 1911 A1 loaded & really like it for carry & the range. THis is my preference when real potential for trouble exists of something goes bump in the night.
My Kimber Pro CDP is for carry when the inch shorter makes a difference or I put on my shoulder rig.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Welcome to the the forum, come in a post a while.:wink:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Hello and welcome qman. Good luck in your quest for information and I hope we can be of help to you, make yourself at home.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Hello...Welcome
You came to the right place to learn...but I hope you are aware that 1911's are addictive. And another vote for the SA.

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Welcome, I would go with the Kimber myself I think the checkering on the SAs are too sharp.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Welcome! These guys are great to give helpful advice. +1 on the Springfield loaded. I've got one in 9mm and it's a great shooter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm officially a 1911 owner

Okay, so I found a good deal on a SA 1911 SS Loaded for $773. Should be arriving to my FFL, here in California. Then, I still have the 10 day wait. :hairpull:

I've been preparing for its arrival. I've ordered 4 Chip McCormick Power Mags and a 45 cal bore snake from MidwayUSA. Also, I just went to Walmart and bought 500 rds of Blazer Brass 230gr 45ACP to break it in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.