1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello 1911 fans. My name is Michael Kassnar. I am president of K.B.I., Inc., manufacturers, importers and distributors of Charles Daly firearms.

Recently I have taken a more active role in our Customer Service and Marketing departments by participating directly in a number of internet forums devoted to the firearms we know and love.

I was flattered that Bud White invited me here and I look forward to answering your questions and comments concerning Charles Daly 1911's and any other firearms that we import or manufacture.

Please feel free to ask me anything, compliment us or criticize us. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

Again, thank you Bud.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Welcome aboard Michael. I must say at least for me, customer service means more than the quality of the product. Glad to have ya on board.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Welcome We are glad to have ya

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mr. Kassnar. I have spoken to you on another 1911 forum. Good to have you with us!!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Welcome, I owned a CD up until about 3 months ago. It was my first 1911 and I loved, had to sell it to fund another project. With that being said I would buy one again now that I know the president of the company welcomes this kind of direct feedback. Kudos to you and best of luck :notworthy:

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Glad to have you in the forum!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Charles Daly Hi Power question

Hello 1911 fans. My name is Michael Kassnar. I am president of K.B.I., Inc., manufacturers, importers and distributors of Charles Daly firearms.

Recently I have taken a more active role in our Customer Service and Marketing departments by participating directly in a number of internet forums devoted to the firearms we know and love.

I was flattered that Bud White invited me here and I look forward to answering your questions and comments concerning Charles Daly 1911's and any other firearms that we import or manufacture.

Please feel free to ask me anything, compliment us or criticize us. I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

Again, thank you Bud.
I have a question for you regarding your Hi Power model.

I have been looking at adding an HP to my collection and I have asked a local shop about the quality versus price on a Charles Daly HP. The response was metallurgy. Their stance was the metallurgy was not as good in the CD pieces as opposed to Browning or FN.

Please use this opportunity to educate me in the quality of the CD piece. Are the frames forged or cast? Do you use MIM in your parts? How do you achieve your price point in the marketplace?

Thanks for your time and your help!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome

Mr Kassnar,

Welcome to the forum! It is both refreshing for me, as well as, in my estimation, very far-seeing on your part that you make the effort to take an active roll in internet forums. While they may have begun as a playground for nerds and fringe hobbyists, this is now no longer the case. Forums such as this, now represent the surging pulse of the industry. They offer a direct line of contact with the most active segment of the market place. They represent a place where one can monitor a company's performance, quality and commitment to servicing the customer. I applaud your effort and acknowledge your insight.

Most of all, thanks for joining us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mr Kassnar,

Welcome to the forum! It is both refreshing for me, as well as, in my estimation, very far-seeing on your part that you make the effort to take an active roll in internet forums. While they may have begun as a playground for nerds and fringe hobbyists, this is now no longer the case. Forums such as this, now represent the surging pulse of the industry. They offer a direct line of contact with the most active segment of the market place. They represent a place where one can monitor a company's performance, quality and commitment to servicing the customer. I applaud your effort and acknowledge your insight.

Most of all, thanks for joining us.
Thanks for your post Ping Ping. You're right. We can help those that have any problems with our firearms while at the same time we can learn a lot from the market. You guys are my own focus group in a way.

I really am here to learn and to help. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to get an answer for you as soon as possible. Soimetimes I can't get on the board every night, but I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
"I really am here to learn and to help. Feel free to ask me anything and I will try to get an answer for you as soon as possible. Soimetimes I can't get on the board every night, but I will do my best to respond in a timely manner"

I am posting again as I beleive you did not see my question the first time...

"
I have a question for you regarding your Hi Power model.

I have been looking at adding an HP to my collection and I have asked a local shop about the quality versus price on a Charles Daly HP. The response was metallurgy. Their stance was the metallurgy was not as good in the CD pieces as opposed to Browning or FN.

Please use this opportunity to educate me in the quality of the CD piece. Are the frames forged or cast? Do you use MIM in your parts? How do you achieve your price point in the marketplace?

Thanks for your time and your help!

·
Registered
121 Posts
ECS 9mm

Mr. Kassnar,
Any chance the ECS will be chambered in 9mm or 40 S&W?
Tnanks,

·
Registered
31 Posts

Daly HP, they were made entirely of FEG components that were machined, assembled, finished, test fired and packaged here in the US.
Serial numbers beginning with HP---- were completed by Dan Wesson. Serial numbers starting with HPM---- were completed by Magnum Research

And last time I checked, noone complained about quality(in sense of function) FEG manufactured Hi-Power.

Internal of my CD HP isn't "refined" as some other gun in my collection, such as S&W or my Para. Which cost almost twice as much.
Inside finish of my para is very similer to that of my old Springfield 1911A1GI model I used to own, which I had nothing but good luck with.

And i think its reasonably accurate. Its no target gun, but grouping at 20yds were more then acceptable as a defence weapon.....

And my grouping should improve once I learn to use XS sight.

My only 2 dislikes are that way mag disconnect on Hi-Power works(not just CD HP, but even on BN, or FN Hi-Power), makes trigger feel somethings to be desired.
And since CD HP's mag are parkrized, makes it even worse(use of magazine with smoother coating helps).
But mag disconnect can easily be defeated in 10 min(but will void your warrenty - Which is why i haven't done it)
And other dislike is old Browning style humped feed ramp(which any gunsmith can fix that for $25~$35), which sometimes makes feeding JHP a less then perfect.

But being avg street prices being around $300NIB (Mine was $319 out the door), I think its nice bung for buck IMO.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I wish more of the manufacturers would take a little time out of their lives to check out the web boards. I think it would help a lot with their quality control and product research. Welcome to the boards and thanks for taking an intrest in our community.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello sir! I had a Charles Daly 1911 some time ago. Was a great gun, very reliable. Finances bein' what they are for some of us, sometimes there has to be tradin' rather than buyin'......But I never had any problems with it! I miss it!

Keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the party, welcome aboard, Mr. Kassnar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mr Kassnar,

I am the proud owner of two of your hand guns. The CD 1911 and your Hi-Power. My 1911 does have one issue that i have read has happened to other owners. When inserting a fresh magazine the slide will ride into battery on it's own. What do you suggest I do about that issue? I was thinking about changing the slide stop. The serial number is in the 13XXX range. This question was posted on 3/2008

·
Registered
5 Posts
charles daly

howdy from texas, i've had a one of your .45's for maybe 9 years don't remember exactly. other than changing the guide rod i've made no changes to the gun and have over 10k rounds through it. never had a misfire, never ever skipped a beat. no jams and cycles anything i ever put in it.

shot a boar that weighed over 500 pounds over in telegraph texas with it and it put him down quick.

i carry this gun more than any other gun because it is not a safe queen and because it has never left me down.

thanks for a good gun

·
Registered
5 Posts
new daly hp

i just picked up a new daly hp with the HPMxxxxx serial numbers, hope to get to shoot it on the weekend. i have two browning hp, one from 1972, and one from 1980 and now this one, the one was reworked by Novaks.

i,m anxious to see how the daly hp performs.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts