1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a question for anybody who might know this...

I'm wiring a house and the homeowner wants his tv components in a seperate area.The receiver and DVD player will be in a closet,which is about 40' from the tv. Now I'm running RG6 from my media panel in the basement to the receiver,then another RG6 from the receiver to the tv (flat-screen,mounted over the fireplace). My question is,do I need to run another different kind of wire from the receiver to the tv for hi-def or DVD or will my one RG6 work for all of that. I need to know before it's drywalled,because it will be a huge pain to have to fish another wire over there later.

DirecTV didn't want to tell me,they wanted to come and charge me to do it themselves.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Homeowner didn't want to pay for a long HDMI cable,even though I recommended it. Yesterday he told me that one RG6 is all he needed,and I had him sign a work order that plainly said that is the only wire that will be back there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.