1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new to the forums but am not new to the 1911. I have been doing the research for about a year and I am really interested in the Fusion product line. First off I have been in the market for some time for the CCO setup for my primary carry gun. Currently, I have a tweaked Kimber Ultra that I am ready to let go. I understand that Fusion offers this setup from their website, but my computer is being a little difficult with the contact section on fusion's website.

For all of you who have dealt with Fusion could you elaborate on Fusion's:

Quality comparison to other 1911 brands
Lead times
Customer Service after sale
Phone or email to get in touch with their sales department

Thank you

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have one that's almost done, but not yet, so I can't offer a first hand opinion on quality other than to say that in my research before ordering mine, I would never have plunked down a chunk of money for a Fusion if everyone I had talked to had not raved about the quality, fit and performance.
Lead times - They are running a little long, but nothing to be upset about especially when awaiting something custom made. As of last tuesday I was at 15 weeks since the day I layed down the deposit. Last I checked which was about a week ago, mine was in the build area and going out for the Ion DLC coating with the next batch, so it's almost done. I'd rather have right than quick. After all, what is an extra couple of weeks waiting for something that I hope my son, and his son after that will have to enjoy?
Customer service - I am very impressed with the way Bob and Dale handle their business. They take a personal interest in helping you with honest answers and NEVER dodge the proverbial bullet if you have a problem. Read through the other threads in this area of the forum and you'll see that those who have had any trouble (rare) have had their concerns quickly, professionally, satisfactorily taken care of. I've called Bob a few times with questions and what not, and he has always taken time to get them answered and even helped me out on an unrelated matter just because he was in a position to do so. He didn't have to at all.
I wish you well in your search for info, but I have a feeling all you're going to find is good things about Fusion.
Good luck!
Sarge

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with you Sarge.
I read everything I could find on Fusion Firearms. I was alittle aprehensive about spending this kind of money on a product I had never handled, but one phone call to Mr. Serva put any hesitation to rest. I placed my order one day after Sarge, so expect a wait somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 weeks. Mine probaby took alittle longer than others because I opted for the IonBond finish.
While waiting for my commander to arrive, I stumbled across "completed" pistols on Fusions website. They had a beautiful 40 caliber ready to go.... So, I called Bob and bought it!
Fist impressions were, "Wow!" Slide to frame fit was exceptional, lock up was perfect, and the trigger is one of the nicest I have felt. There is not a tool mark to be found, inside or out. She now has 850 round through her, and nothing to report except supurb accuracy. This pistol makes me look good!

I think the wait will be well worth it. As a matter of fact, I have already begun the next build on paper. A CCO.
Mr Serva has to be one of the nicest folks I have ever dealt with in this industry. To say he is helpful is an understatement. He has been patient, polite, and vastly knowledgable. I think his customer service is right up there with some of the nice folks at DW.
Don't hesitate, contact Bob and let us know what you decide to go with!
You will not be dissapointed!

Wes

·
Registered
747 Posts
Buy the Fusion!!!! You will be satisfied, and if you aren't, Bob and Co. will bend over backwards to make sure you are. You can order it exactly how you want it. As others have stated, the lead times are a bit longer than they used to be, as Bob's business is now getting well recognized. I'm sure you will be very happy w/ your purchase.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I have had my 10mm Hunter Longslide for about a year now. All I can say is Great Gun, Great People, and Great Customer Service. I have also used their parts for a home build I did and everything was just great. You cant go wrong here, Mirando

·
Registered
331 Posts
When I bought my Fusion I hadn't heard much about them, but after one phone to Bob I was sold. He's a genuinely nice guy to speak with. He's always been helpful with any questions. I've used Fusion parts in a build I did for my dad and couldn't have been happier with the quality of the parts and Bob's willingness to check everything out when I was done. For that matter, he's also been willing to check over a couple of other builds I did, and I did not use any parts from Fusion in them. Needless to say Bob will get more of my business in the future.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sloo,
Are you tapping my email? I order a Fusion, the next day YOU order a fusion. I email Bob for a quote on a CCO, now you say you're mulling an order for the same thing.......Hmmmm.........:thinking::biggrin:
It's sad that I'm addicted and I dont' even have my first one yet.

I think the consensus among the forum members is an unadulterated and thunderous "HOOAH!" and thumbs up on Fusion. :tongue:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fusion's

LU91; I currently own two fusion 1911's and have a third in build. Every one talks about the "large" sum of money you have to put out. :thinking: Well, look at the cost of high end 1911's IE Wilson, Les Baer, and other brands in the price range. They far exceed fusion's price in most situations. All to often we purchase a manfucturers 1911 model of our choice and change out parts or upgrade to our liking. For the money and pure satisfaction, custom built is the way to go, especialy with the professionalisum displayed by Fusion Firearms. When you and Bob first start talking about what you want and its intended uses, he advises you what will, and will not work from over 25 yaers in the 1911 business. He alway's has your best intrest at the top of his list, but advises you in problematic areas about your concept or ideas. You then come to an understanding and final quote. You put 50% down and wait impatiently like we all do, and in the end, the wait will be well worth the final result. During my first build I called/emailed weekly, for an update & probably drove Bob stir crazy. After the second build and the current build in process, I will give Bob & his crew the time they need to create a masterpiece. I will check back with them every 6-8 weeks, and try to be as patient as possible. So make your decsion and give Bob a call, put your 50 % down, and know that yours will be completed after mine will be!!!capttom.:wavey::flag::flag:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback. I did email Bob directly about the CCO build and was quite suprised at the price and how good of a value it was and how quickly he got back to me. After looking at the quote, I then took the build sheet and like a kid in a candy shop, started putting everything into the gun that I could ever want. I did go a little overboard because an hour later I had a two page word doc and probaby had Bob rolling his eyes when he opened it.

Anyways its been a few days, so I am anxiously awaiting his response. I will keep you all up to date when I hear back from him and give you the preview of the build.

Thanks again to everyone...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.