1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Well, that says alot for my character then, because I looked at the entire list, and I don't patronize one of the businesses that are listed, nor do I like any of the celebrities listed. Maybe three or four of them have I watched in movies or tv shows that I liked, and of those, they are still not my favorite actors.

The one that really popped out there was the Christian society, so I went back and looked at it again, and I saw Christian Science Monitor, then I was relieved, as that group does not follow mainstream Christianity, so then I was OK again.

Of course some of my favorite actors will never be on there...

Charlton Heston, the Duke, etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
American Firearms Association
www.firearms.org

"The American Firearms Association ("AFA") is a non-profit nationwide gun-owners and sportsmen's organization dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the shooting sports while seeking to reconcile the Second Amendment and gun owners rights with fair and reasonable gun control legislation. We dispute the notion that gun owners rights must be in opposition to the majority of public opinion with regards to gun control. We believe that the Second Amendment guarantees Americans an individual right to own guns, but that it does not preclude fair gun control measures which seek to safeguard society. We believe that it is unwise and shortsighted for gun owners to continually stonewall public opinion on gun control issues, as this allows anti-gun organizations to portray us in a negative light. It is our conviction that it is wiser to implement a compromise strategy which seeks to enact legislative guarantees for gun ownerswithin future legislation. We have endorsed both the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Freeze; we are especially pleased that the Assault Weapons bill excludes an extensive list of sporting firearms. We reject the "Armed Populace" doctrine of the NRA as misguided and unrealistic. We believe that Americans have the right to obtain firearms for self-defence against criminal behavior. We promote the acquisition and use of sporting firearms for sporting purposes."

Uh-huh, okay. This doesn't sound familiar or anything. Found it here: http://www.willsworld.com/grief2.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.