1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I spent a good bit of time at the Ruger booth during the SHOT Show and never heard a thing about a 1911. I think they've got their hands full with the LCP, and I expect the next bomb they drop will be a 9mm version of the little guy.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I hope the 9 will be their next project.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
He got this info at SHOT? Ruger is keeping mum as far as I know,if they are building one at all. Even the guys on Rugerforum know nothing about it. But PvtPyle does work at FBMG,so he would probably know.

Hmm...built like a tank,reliable,and affordable? I think they'd have a hot seller on their hands. But I'm sure Ruger has thought about that too,so there must be a reason why they haven't made a 1911 yet? Probably because it would be a direct competitor to their other products.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Last i heard ruger said no way in hell as they had hard enough time keeping up with what they make now .. maybe times are a changing .. course look where HK's 1911 ended up

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Last i heard ruger said no way in hell as they had hard enough time keeping up with what they make now .. maybe times are a changing .. course look where HK's 1911 ended up

What 1911 from HK? :confused:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
What 1911 from HK? :confused:
2004 or 2005's news there you see what happened to it if you never heard of it .. it got shelved they had some big name i cant remember now working with them on it

·
Registered
692 Posts
I heard they put out a recall on the SR9.
"Ruger has recalled the SR9: We have determined that some Ruger SR9 pistols manufactured between October 2007 and April 2008 can, under certain conditions, fire if dropped with their manual safeties in the “off†or “fire†position. The pistols will not fire if the manual safety is in the “on†or “safe†position."
Ruger SR9

But nothing about a 1911?

Maybe they're having engineering problems???

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I posted the recall else where

1 - 10 of 10 Posts