1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

After seeing Lucho's Ultimate Master Hard Chromed, I am seriouslly thinking of sending My new TRS to Tripp Research, I am satisfied that it is a keeper, and Virgil is not taking ANY more orders as of 6/13/2008, I do not own a hard chrome gun and plan on carrying this TRS rotated with my other carry guns, Please tell me what you guys think, this seems like a decent price $185.00, Normally I would wait a while for the Blueing to wear off, but I definatley want Tripp to do it, Please let me know your thoughts,

·
1911auto Supporters
20 Posts
I'd say do it now before it's too late, that's what I'm going to do with my Stinger.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Do it Do it now ... I ordered my Second TRS hardchromed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bud,

Would you get the Barrel Hard Chromed as well?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I'm not sure .. Can't say weather it would make a difference or not.. I dont know weather baer will HC it or not .. i just ordered the gun HC'ed

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I dont know weather baer will HC it or not
I seriously doubt it...besides...it would soon be chipped all to pieces around the muzzle, where it locks up with the bushing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, that is what I was thinking as well, but Tripp offers it on his web site,

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
You could always get Cogan/APW to do it. They do very nice work.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go on then. Hell, ya sold me in your opening post!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
I had a colt hard chromed by Ron Mahovsky, he does beautiful work and I also had him do the barrel. Hard chrome will not chip anywhere at all if done properly including the barrel, ron said in over 25 years he has never had one chip anywhere. He does a whole semi auto, and by whole semi auto he does everything except for springs and pins unless you tell him not to do something, for 130.00 + 14.00 return shipping and has been doing it for over 25 years. The colt pictured is an aluminum frame which was nickel plated then hard chromed for 15.00 more. The sides of the slide were left as polished as they were from the factory and everything else bead blasted first.

Mahovsky's Metalife has offered top quality Hard Chrome Plating, Electroless Nickel Plating, Gun Bluing for firearms for over 25 years. Our head gunsmith has over 30 years experience in working with firearms and Hard Chrome Plating, Electroless Nickel Plating, Gun Bluing. Your order will be handled by experienced personnel who are familiar with all types of firearms.
http://mahovskysmetalife.com/PriceSheet Page 5.htm

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I love it when I'm wrong...:dancingbananna:

I know HC is tough...but I never would have figured it to be tough enough to withstand the beating it takes on the muzzle of a 1911 barrel...but then again...its inside the bore of every M4 in service (<<<I hadn't thought about that).

·
Registered
188 Posts
yup, Jerry's got it. The only time HC will chip, is if an abraided spot gets rust and it migrates under the HC. Not pretty.

That's an awsome looking commander Jerry! Yours?

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
It used to be. I did everything except the hard chrome, which of course ron mahovsky did.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys,

Im getting the Barrel Done as well,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts