1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the sunny Chiricahua Desert in Arizona. Newb to this website, introduced to the 1911 in Vietnam and am now a big fan of the .38Super.

Glad to be onboard an be Rich-D's nemesis. :biggrin:

Bob

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Glad to have you!

You can't tease us like that...what kind of 1911 is in your stable?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
From one desert rat to another, welcome you will like it here. I shoot down there once in awhile at Sierra Vista Range, Mirando

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to have you!

You can't tease us like that...what kind of 1911 is in your stable?
Didn't mean to tease. :whistle: I like 1911s and S&W mag revolvers for carry, depending on environment.

Para single stack has seen quite a bit of action on the property, .38Super is devastating on predators; spot on to cause damage out to 160 yds.

Colt chronographs approx. 30fps faster than the Para, has a crisper trigger, but is more finnicky with ammo. On its way to have a ramped barrel installed.

Also have two other Colts and a Springer in .45auto and I'm experimenting with .400 CorBon. It looks like the 155gr Gold Dot/.400 CorBon will run with the 10mm at less pressure.

Happy to be here, always like to learn. :)

Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From one desert rat to another, welcome you will like it here. I shoot down there once in awhile at Sierra Vista Range, Mirando
Thank you, after the dust storm, :) Sierra Vista is about 100 miles from home and I get there and Tombstone about once a year.

Sat Cong, spent about three weeks in Cambodia, or did we???:confused: :)

Bob

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I spent 1973 to 1978 with the 82nd Abn Div. and was glad to be back home in Chandler. Not a nice time to be in but for my country I would do it all over again. I am very proud of my service. My son completes naval boot camp this week and I am going to Chicago to see it. Even though he didnt go Army Airborne like his old man, I am still very proud of him. It is young men like him that make me proud to be an American. My thanks to all that served and who are serving. GOD BLESS AMERICA :flag::flag::flag:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I spent 1973 to 1978 with the 82nd Abn Div. and was glad to be back home in Chandler. Not a nice time to be in but for my country I would do it all over again. I am very proud of my service. My son completes naval boot camp this week and I am going to Chicago to see it. Even though he didnt go Army Airborne like his old man, I am still very proud of him. It is young men like him that make me proud to be an American. My thanks to all that served and who are serving. GOD BLESS AMERICA :flag::flag::flag:
Thank you and your son for your service. :) My father was Airborne, started out at Fort Benning with the 82nd, became sick with hepatitis (or something like that) and ended up graduating with a 101st Airborne Company. His original company in the 82nd jumped on D-Day, apparently only a handful survived and that's been tough on him.

Bob

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I just got back from Chicago a few hours ago. Watching him graduate for Naval Boot Camp was the proudest moment of my life. It brought tears to my eyes. There is still hope for us all, Mirando

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Welcome to the op and congrats to the new squid there Mirando thank him for serving. I hope obama doesn't starve them to death.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.