1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran into the board last week so will introduce myself. Some of you probably know me from other boards where I have used the same handle for years.

I live in Las Vegas, retired. 5 minutes from the Desert Sportsman's Range. I enjoy all types of firearms; collecting, shooting, loading, and best of all working on them. In a prior life I worked as a toolmaker and machinist for years so I have some good hand tools and metal-working experience. Pretty good with a file and hammer.

My interest in firearms started with a .22 Stevens single shot and rabbit hunting on the farm in Missouri and shooting oil cans when the old man wasn't around. LOL Served two years in the Army, Infantryman with the 7th Cav in Vietnam 67-68 so my experience with the 1911, the AR and AK go back a few decades. The best thing my dad did was teach me to shoot, it gave me an advantage the rice-pickers didn't have and brought me home standing up.

For 1911's I have a DW Pointman-1 Major .45, Pointman 10mm, Patriot labled as a Pointman .45, S&W Scandium Commander, reworked Norinco, Springfield Champion I reworked.

Appreciate all the good info on here about 1911's!

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Welcome aboard Dean. Glad to have you.

Thank you for your service.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Dean welcome and happy New Year. I am a retired Aerospace Engineer but prior was a class A tool maker myself. Done 2 years in the Nam 68- 70 with 1st Recon. I also own a pointman and a Bobtail by Dan Wesson.

·
Nighthawk Custom Representative
206 Posts
Welcome to the form. I am familiar with The Desert Sportsmans Range, I am in the process of trying to get them as a stocking dealer for us. The best to you!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Nice intro. Thanks and welcom to the board.

Snag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.