1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll start this one.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!

What's everybody giving themselves?

Bought my 16 yr old a Scooter yesterday (he doesn't have his DL yet and wants a way to get around). I think I had more fun on it yesterday than he did.

When I rode it home from the dealer (only 2 miles from the house), first thing I said to my wife was " That's the worst thing we could've bought, NOW I want a real bike". I haven't rode since I sold my bike about 15 yrs ago. Guns may go on a back burner (as far as purchases & upgrades go) until I can get something. She said that was a $$$ concern, that I'd want something REAL soon. Anyway Happy Fathers Day. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
All I want is a day to rest...:sleepy:

Happy Fathers Day to all.
LOL that is funny, that is what I wanted. When I woke up this morning (or rather afternoon) I noticed I had slept a little late and the house was oddly quiet. I walked out and the house was empty. I stepped outside and my truck was gone. I come into my computer room and sat to start surfing the net think what the heck. About an hour later they came back. Apparently my o'lady (yes she knows I call her that) and my little girl left early this morning so that I could sleep in. Pretty neat huh.

Happy Fathers day everyone.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C'mon guys, nobody bought anything or did anything?

Update on the scooter, 2 days old, now has 120 miles on it. This things a blast. NOW I REALLY want a bike. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Nope...I been working too much overtime...I'm too tired to spend the $$$.

The bright side...the overtime will be over with by deer season...and I'll have some $$$ to spend.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After I get my AR lower, I'm putting my $$$ towards a Fusin Bob-tail Comm w/nites. I'll sell my LTW Comm. I'm not going to put any more $$ into it. No nites or bob-tail. I want a Fusion. Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
For all the new members: I pastor an active ministering country Baptist church.
Father's Day for me was.
8:00 - Men's devotion while breakfast cooked by our ladies for us.
10:00 - Sunday School
11:00 - Morning worship service
2:00pm - Trinity mission Worship service
4:00pm - Prairie Chapel Mission Church worship for that community
6:00 - return to home church for evening worship.
Got home about 8:15.
My present - A wife that is faithful by my side through a schedule like this & kids that will call me today because they know our Sunday schedule.

Father's Day for me was great. Hope yours was too.
OH - BTW - I will go to the range today.:flag:

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When it's ready to go, this will be the launching point. Thanks, Tracy

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Church, sunday dinner with my father in law, and my wife and kids, and the rest of the family, (My Dad passed 5 years ago), went to my wife's family's house for good fellowship, then home to bed.
I got a pack of pens, and a good crossword puzzle book. Thats more than I ever expected, a day with my family was all I wanted.
God has blessed me enough to not want anything special, I already got it.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
I went to church,spent an uneventful day at home,went back to church,and then had an uneventful evening at home. My son has four teeth coming in and was very crabby all day,but we played outside and then he fell asleep on the couch with me. It could only be better if I had squeezed in some trigger time.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Sundays for us are AAALLLL DAY.
Monday was my Fathers day. Son in Law cooked. Man is he a gooood cook.
Ate there. Grandones gave Papa a T-shirt.
Big Flag. Inscription underneath: Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD.

son in San Antone called & is ready for his retirement Seramony next week.

Wife & I have 39 yrs & working on 40 in January so that is my F-Day prsent. We have what we need. I love her to life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.