1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just started with the fireworks over at the park and it got me to thinking about tomorrow, the 4th of July.
I realize that only a few hundred would probably read this, but I think it needs saying.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

I'm so very proud that the men and women in our fighting forces are performing so valiantly.
I'm so very proud that America is the one true shining light of liberty in the world.
I'm so very proud to be an American.

Of course we couldn't have a 4th of July without the singing of our National Anthem now could we?
Here's one of the best renditions of the Star Spangled Banner I've ever heard...

Star Spangled Banner

And, for those of you that enjoy reciting the Pledge Of Allegiance, here it is...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And here is a version that I have always held very dear to my own heart...

Pledge of Allegiance

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Plus a billion. :flag: This country has made mistakes and it's far from perfect,but America is the greatest nation the world has ever seen,and may ever see again. I get goosebumps everytime I hear the National Anthem,and I fly my flag with pride.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.