1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I should probably e-mail directly, but thought I would ask if anyone knows if the numbered 'new inventory' guns shown on the Fusion website are already built, available 'now' guns, or just examples and all are order and build?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I believe they are available now. Bob has a number of them up on Gunbroker.com

·
Registered
121 Posts
I picked out a model on the Fusion website and emailed in about it. Bob replied that it was discontinued. No offers to build me one, which seems strange since this gun was suppose to be coming out of a custom shop. So, I guess that means that the website pictures may just be teasers. Calling should be the best thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I picked out a model on the Fusion website and emailed in about it. Bob replied that it was discontinued. No offers to build me one, which seems strange since this gun was suppose to be coming out of a custom shop. So, I guess that means that the website pictures may just be teasers. Calling should be the best thing.
What model?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
That was going to be may question too.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Sometimes its no easy task to keep websites exactly "up to date"...if its discontinued, I would think that means he no longer builds them...kinda like Baer and the lightweight frames.

So, I guess that means that the website pictures may just be teasers
And that is an unfair assumption.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I agree Ridge, that may be an unfair assumption. Most of these people don't do their own websites, most of them are done by a pro, or even a friend of a friend etc. So unless the owner is the one doing it, and can keep up with his inventory on a daily basis, I doubt that he would be able to keep it 100% all the time. Unless of course they are like Wally World in which their server is tied in with their inventory control.

Why don't you ask if he can make you one, it may be a discontinued item on the inventory stock, but he may just make you one out of the custom shop. It could be simple economics. That particular model may not have been a big seller, and they retooled for other products, and it wouldn't be cost effective to retool everytime an order came in.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Agreed that a simple "Can you make me one?" is far better & more polite than assuming web site deception.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ordering is more fun anyway

I didn't mean to start anything with my original question, was just being impatient with the possible custom build thing. But after speaking with Bob, and weighing the pro's and con's of various options, I have decided to have them build me one. The time is actually going to be a small price to pay for a 'built for ME' custom gun. Just try to get to the CEO of any other company, more or less have him answer the phone.....great guys.:notworthy:

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
The models shown on the website were or are available. We leave these up for people to review because they are great examples for people to draw ideas from for their own builds and customs jobs that they would like us to do for them.
Thanks,
Bob
Fusion
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The models shown on the website were or are available. We leave these up for people to review because they are great examples for people to draw ideas from for their own builds and customs jobs that they would like us to do for them.
Thanks,
Bob
Fusion
:smile::smile::smile:
Thats what I did.Saw the model 63, but didnt want a magwell or ambi safety and wanted chain link on the msh.
Bob said ok.Now I just have to wait my turn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts