1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just won one of these on grubroker and I think I am going to like it. The compact will make a great addition to the full size and carry models I already have. It's a gun show model like the other 2 I have (which were 699.99 each) that sells as new guns and carry the same factory lifetime warranty and the first 2 look just like brand new guns right out of the box. I think at 780.00 it's a steal since they go for 998.00 shipped new at buds.
Revolution™ RCS™ Nitron® The Revolution™ RCS is quite possibly the quintessential concealed carry 1911. The RCS – which stands for Revolution™ Compact SAS – comes from the SIG SAUER® Customs Shop and has been put through the SIG Anti-Snag treatment which our gunsmiths developed to radically dehorn a pistol. Available in either a two-tone or Nitron® (shown) finish the RCS comes with Novak® night sights, checkered front strap (25-lpi), checkered mainspring housing (20-lpi) and slim profile custom rosewood grips. Each of these 6+1 capacity RCS model Revolution™ pistols features a stainless steel slide, stainless steel frame, match grade barrel, hammer/sear set and trigger. The slides and frames are machined to exacting tolerances and hand-fitted to insure reliability and performance.
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=25&productid=135

Here's the stock pic's until it gets here:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you MP.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Very nice!!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just outta curiosity, do you find the sharp bottom edge of the grip diggin into your palm? The one I tried out at Gander Mountain wasn't comfortable at all to hold because it was so sharp. Just curious. Congrats.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice Congrats

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have it yet, I just won it today. The sig's I have already one had act mag/novak's and the other had an act mag/novak and one wilson. The one's in this picture appear to be act mag, but that doesn't mean that's what's with the pistol.

Prawls, as I stated above I just won it and since the pistol in kentucky and my hand in arkansas I can't answer that. To figure out what you are talking about though is this something specific to this model, the more radical carry bevel model, or officers grips in particular? Because I have owned/shot officer framed guns before and not had any problem with any sharp edges on the grip.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I bet you can't wait Jerry to get it in your hands big time! My older Sigs also came with Novaks and I never had any problems with them at all but I still prefer Wilsons.Yet I can't say I have had any problems with any mags for a while I clean them monthly with a mag brush and mop, lube the spring, so far so good.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like th novak's also, I'm not sure when this pistiol was made but the other 2 I got were only 10 guns apart.

I am really anxious. The sigs I have now are the best made production 1911's I have ever owned and I expect this one to be no different.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I agree with you on that 100%. I just have to do a little work on them to suit me, but actually out of the box they shoot good. I just like my triggers a little lighter then they come stock.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, I have to do some work on all my 1911's, but I normally put egw thick carry bevel bushings, wilson thumb safeties, greider tirggers, and a steel msh (if not a bobtail one) and the sig's I have came with all of those including a greider slide stop. They are even tighter tolerances than the DW cbob I had and that's saying a lot as I thought the cbob was the tightest production gun out there.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
As long as that slide stop Dia. is .200 you will always have a nice group. i have so many extra parts here all I need really is a Forged Slide and Frame and Barrel and I can make a new 1911 or a Sig 220 lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My sig really has been flawless. Eats any and all ammo through every mag I've tried. Brutally accurate. Wish my ability could match that pistol.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Bill I have 5 SIG 220's and so far 2 GSR one is a TTT and they all are flawless even my old P-6 is flawless and eats anything you feed them.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Come on Bill tell the story of your first sig 1911

·
Registered
155 Posts
Come on Bill tell the story of your first sig 1911
:biglaugh: You're dead right about that thing, Bud. Actually, I posted about that Sig in a different thread. The person is having just about identical problems as I had. I wish him well. That first Sig of mine was brutal.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Bill was it one of their first GSR's or a bit later. I have found the very first ones had extractor problems , but since then they have come a long way. Mine I carry even that is how much I trust them. I have not had any problems on either of my GSR in over 3000 rounds, I did do a little work to them when I first got them but I do to all my 1911's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts