Gsg 1911-22 | 1911 Forums at 1911Talk.com

Gsg 1911-22

Discussion in '1911's not listed above' started by iamme, May 4, 2013.

1. iamme

iamme New Member

Really nice shooting gun!!!

Attached Files:

2. phoenix1151

phoenix1151 New Member

For a .22LR indoor range 1911, I'm on the fence between GSG and Metro. I heard the earlier GSG's had a variety of issues which, except for a weak external finish, have been rectified. I can't recall the American Classic disses, but there were some for that make too. I'll have to re-read the forums but was leaning towards the GSG even though it is a minor bit more expensive.

3. flphotog

flphotog New Member

I have the GSG 1911 .22 conversion kit, absolutely love it. The pic show it on my Auto Ordnance.

Attached Files:

4. druryj

druryj New Member

I've got a bit over 1,000 rounds through my GSG 1911 22 now. It's a nice little pistol. It doesn't have the fit and finish of my Ruger MK III, but it sure is fun at the range! I am glad I bought it.

5. flphotog

flphotog New Member

I've got the GSG conversion kit that I use on both my AO 1911 and Range Officer .45 never had any issues with it. With that being said, I don't enjoy it as much as my 22/45.

6. gandog56

gandog56 Member

I got one and found it did not like Winchester ammo at all. To many failure to feeds. Thought I had bought a bad pistol until I tried some CCI ammo. Worked flawlessly with them.

7. Steven B

Steven B New Member

I recently bought the GSG 1911 22 and fell in love with it. I've been shooting Rugers for years and have two Mark IVs but wanted something difference. What sold me on the GSG is that it looks, feels and shoots like a Government Model .45.

Assembly is a lot like the GM except for the bolt and firing pin. Other than that it has almost and 80 % compatibility with the Colt.

This gun shot flawlessly with CCI Mini Mags, Blazer and Aguila Extra. It screams to be modified and I took the bait. Adding a performance enhancement kit, a new safety, recoil spring and adjustable sights I think I'm done with it for a while.

I can now shoot HV ammo and Standard Velocity with no malfunctions. This is going to be my Steel Challenge gun for Rimfire Pistol Iron Sights.