1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow! Those grips REALLY woke that gun up. Looks fantastic! Did you have to do any fitting to them? The screws look like the same ones . . .

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It really looks great!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
When I put wood grips on my PT1911 I had to cut a little notch on the right panel to allow room for the ambidextrous safety. It wasn't a big deal, but it did have to be done.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was surprised that I didn't have to do any cutting for the ambi safety. The screws are the original ones. The grips are a little thicker than the factory one but I really like them. The factory grips were actually fairly thin. The change took me all of 2 minutes. I am am now TOTALLY happy with my 1911. The grips are Chip McCormack rosewood from Midway. ($37)

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very Nice Grips

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Plowboy you did that pistol a sweet make over with them grips they look great on it.
I do like Double Diamonds grips myself

·
Registered
37 Posts
Grips always make the pistol, 1911s just look better than any other handgun and with great grips you just can't go wrong.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Those grips really make the gun look so much better. I'm surprised Taurus didn't put grips like that on in the first place. They wouldn't be able to keep the guns in stock!

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Hey Guys, I think this thread has moved a bit from the original posters intent, partially due to me bringing up Alumagrips. I am going to move the thread to our 1911 Peripherals sub forum where we can continue to discuss this topic. Thanks for all of your input.

Snag

·
Registered
32 Posts
First thing I did with my PT1911 was to rumage around and find a set of Walnut grips for it. Little minor fitting and sure improved the looks. Going to shop around for a better set someday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts