1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

Do all four grip screw bushings have to match?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As Sarge knows, I lightly buggered up some grips while taking out a grip screw that stripped out, which apparently had also stripped out the threads in the grip screw bushing. Yeah.

Anyway, all four of the bushings were hardchromed. I just stuck an extra blued bushing in to replace it, but after a while it bugged me so much that I took the grips off and replaced all four bushings with stainless bushings.

Maybe that's a little OCD, but that's how I roll. Anyway, just for conversation I was wondering what you all thought....if the bushings have to match or not. Nobody sees them.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am with you on this Zero!!!! I like all of my stuff to match!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
You're right it's OCD but when I changed my grips and screws, I changed the bushings as well. Those that know me know my OCD is out of control on things like this.

And Cap, please ensure your socks match. I'm sure none of us want the alternative....lol!!!

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Do I think mine should match? yes Do I think someone else's should match? don't matter to me

·
Resident Septuagenarian
178 Posts
I managed to strip 2 of the 4 bushing threads on my GRP. Tapped for O/S bushings. All is well again.

Now I have 2 standard and 2 O/S bushings on the same pistol.

Doesn't bother me at all. Can't see them and don't know which is which unless I look close or check my notes.

I know how you feel. If something is visible, every time I look at it, then I get bugged. Hidden, I tend to forget about it.

Your choice....I didn't vote..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Grip Screw Bushings,

I can appreciate the OCD, been accused of the same thing. The firearm is a fine precision piece and should be complete as it was out of the box. Even though you can't see it when held, I still know its there. To each his own, I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.