1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from England!

I'm someone who likes to get to the States once per year, to meet up with friends, and to get a little range time in as well.

I'm quite a fan of the good old 1911, and am glad I found this forum!

Thank goodness for your 2nd Amendment rights, make sure you keep on protecting them!

Cheers

:wavey::flag:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Well there's plenty of room here for a gun-lovin' foreigner! Welcome to the forum! Head on out to St. Louis sometime and we'll be glad to take you out to the range,and give you a taste of some good ol' Midwestern BBQ when we're done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there's plenty of room here for a gun-lovin' foreigner! Welcome to the forum! Head on out to St. Louis sometime and we'll be glad to take you out to the range,and give you a taste of some good ol' Midwestern BBQ when we're done!
Thanks for the welcome! It does amaze me that some of your fellow countrymen want to curtail/remove the rights that your founding fathers fought for. In that context I am pleased that the Supreme Court voted that the 2nd is an individual right...long may it be so!!

I have seen a few people open carry in AZ, and I find this a remarkable and important right for you that can do so!

I think I must have some American blood in me somewhere! lol

:flag:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Welcome from Texas. We are glad to have you & maybe you can be an influience there too.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
glad to have you gunless.

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My condolences to your country's situation. Stay safe. Tracy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from Texas. We are glad to have you & maybe you can be an influience there too.
Regretably, I cannot see things changing over here! The general population is very anti-gun, and cannot see the positives to gun ownership! Even mates of mine are antis...can only have gun conversations with you guys, even though you are thousands of miles away!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome GinUK,
A few years back I exchanged information with a gentleman in Wales on the Seecamp 1911 DA conversion. Also have some friends (previous marriage) over from Scotland and my ancestry searches put me all over the Isles. And you're right the 1911 is awesome as proven by several wars over many years by our warriors.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gunless!! I have a very good friend in England that I am holding some pistols for until we can get them exported to him. It is a long and involved process. Actually he travels to Belgium to shoot at a gun club there. He came to the U.S. for a business trip a couple of years ago and we had a very good time at the gun range!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Welcome Gunless, we are moving in your direction, but when we get there, I have a feeling there are many like me that will go down in a blaze of flying lead and not give up our guns while we are living.

Im one of those, I hope there are many many more...

I have told many liberals that think I should not have a gun and that they should be banned, "when you ban my gun and come to get it, send the folks you don't like first to pick it up".... :eek:

I was born free, and I was born with guns a right and heritage, I will give up niether...

Welcome to our forum.:flag:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome brother, Glad to see you here. If we aren't vigilant, all that our forfathers fought for will be for naught...tyrany was meant to be kept in check by all citizens being able to be well armed. It's in our Federalist Papers..... check it out. I generaly use flintlocks (they worked against the British) , but have slowly been creaping into the future...I've made it as far as 1911, so far.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.