1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, after handling a few 1911s, I decided on the American Classic.The LGS owner was a 1911 fan, and allowed me to shoot his custom shop Kimber, along with a few others in the store. I handled a few similar price range 1911's, and the fit and finish of my 1911 seemed on par with their American competition. I put about 150 rounds of cheap target rounds(tulamo), and a few "nicer" rounds with no hang ups. So far I'm a real happy camper! Cant wait till I can get a little more time to put more rounds down range.

· Registered
32 Posts
I bought one of those last year and have been very happy with it. I replaced the sights with Novak night sights, replaced firing pin with a titanium firing pin and after about 2000 rounds I replaced the recoil spring. Shoots like a champ.

· Registered
54 Posts
Mine was a present from the president of Eagle Imports . The American Classic is a great pistol for the money . Mine has been relieable as day is long and as accurate as my Colts.

American Classic 1911 Forum

· Registered
54 Posts
I bought one of those last year and have been very happy with it. I replaced the sights with Novak night sights, replaced firing pin with a titanium firing pin and after about 2000 rounds I replaced the recoil spring. Shoots like a champ.
I replaced the recoil spring before I went, shooting, the springs are not too good in these guns, I'll end up changing all of them and the bushing, it was a pain to take out after firing the pistol like it swell up. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.