1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got the notification in the mail that my CCL is ready to be picked up at the Sheriff office. :dancingbananna: So that is the good news. Bad thing is that I got the letter on Friday, so I have to wait all weekend until Monday to go get it.:hairpull::hairpull:

I was told 90 days is the average wait, I got my letter in 86 days, but Monday will be the 89th day. So, :crazy:..

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
WEll Congrats ya get to pick it up tomm ... Now Wheres the pic of that carry gun

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Congratulations...
Here is something that I tell every new CCW holder...

Training should not be limited to shooting or tactics...we should all get some training on when its justifiable to use deadly force in your state...for me (and maybe some others) that could cover a lot of ground...but it beats the heck out of going to prison for shooting somebody in the wrong place at the wrong time and most of all, for the wrong reason. I think there is a trend thats leaning a little to far towards "shoot first, ask questions later"...don't fall victim to this. There are classes available that teach the finer points of when its justifiable to use deadly force...find them and take them...I promise you it is $$$ well spent.

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all...I just feel that its a good idea. And Bud has a good question...what ya packin??? Pictures???

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
Congrats on your CCW. Mine took 80+ days too. Don't remember the exact # now. Where are you? What's your carry gun? What's your carry gear---I.E. holster--IWB/OWB, belt & mag carriers? As already requested----pics. Tracy

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Congratulations.

Remember, don't ask, don't tell. :wink:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Hey,at least you can get a permit. :(

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
There you go, Sir.

·
Old Sheepdog
772 Posts
Way to go! I'm surprised it took so long, why was that? We have the option to have the CCW endorsement on our driver's license or a state ID. I opted for the state ID, for $12.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Congratulations...
Here is something that I tell every new CCW holder...

Training should not be limited to shooting or tactics...we should all get some training on when its justifiable to use deadly force in your state...for me (and maybe some others) that could cover a lot of ground...but it beats the heck out of going to prison for shooting somebody in the wrong place at the wrong time and most of all, for the wrong reason. I think there is a trend thats leaning a little to far towards "shoot first, ask questions later"...don't fall victim to this. There are classes available that teach the finer points of when its justifiable to use deadly force...find them and take them...I promise you it is $$$ well spent.

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all...I just feel that its a good idea. And Bud has a good question...what ya packin??? Pictures???
I know about some classes like what you are describing, I have a second cousin that has been to one of those classes, and I will probably look into it as well.

Here is a pic. the Mini me 1911.

To answer some of Tsp45acp question, Northern Oklahoma, the pic is what I will probably carry some of the time, will probably look for something smaller and lighter weight for summer time carry, I don't have a holster yet, but I plan on getting IWB Minotaur M-Tac holster from Comp-Tac.

OD, sorry to have upset you if I did, I didn't really think that telling those who are members here would be a big deal. But I understand what you are saying, and I do not, nor will not, tell anyone that I meet or anything that I am carrying. To me, it is none of their business. I just thought those here would like to know, that is all. Thanks for your concern.

·
Administrator
1,288 Posts
Didn't upset me at all, Matt, you caught my drift. ;)

Now stealing my Mini-me name upsets me (kidding, just kidding). :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Very nice Pistol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts