1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday, March 25, House Bill 48, was defeated on the House floor by a vote of 55 to 60, with one Representative voting present.

HB 48, introduced by anti-gun State Representative Harry Osterman (D-14), would have required virtually all private handgun transfers to be processed through a licensed firearm dealer, even those occurring between persons with state-issued Firearms Owner’s Identification (FOID) Cards. The current law already requires all private transfers to be carefully recorded—with information such as the date of transfer and serial number of the handgun to be maintained for 10 years. HB 48 would have also required the additional step of processing almost all private transfers through a federally licensed dealer.
Not all is lost, my friends. And the Illinois State Sheriff's Association just publicly backed the recent bill for concealed carry! It may be slow, but the tide is a-turnin'...

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Good deal, good luck on the ccw also.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I heard CCW got pushed to the back end of the back burner because some folks in charge didn't want it to come up for debate. I suspect they are afraid that it might actually pass. I guess that's progress....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.