1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local (El Paso, Tx.) gun show was this weekend and a Dealer was selling a NIB WASR-10 for $1,100.00. What happened to the days of finding a good deal at the gun show??? David.:rolleyes:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Nothing special? Just a plain ol' WASR like everybody else has? What a rip-off. They run about $450-500 here,and I thought that was steep.

Guys like that are just cashing in on panic buying. It's not a sin,but it's a crappy thing to do. He may make a quick buck now but he'll lose a lot of business to those who know the deal on down the line.

·
Registered
747 Posts
$1100.00 for a WASR! I can't believe it. $1100 should buy you something like a Krebs. Two years ago, WASR's were going for around $275-$300 around here. I have not really found any good deals at gun shows either. I guess there are some deals on accessories, but not really on guns. Even if there are any good deals at gun shows, after you pay for parking and admittance I'm not sure if it is a deal. I suppose that gun shows are fun though. Also, there is always the excitement that you might find something special (though you will probably not get a good deal on it):wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Gun shows, good deals, those were the good old days!

I concur with this thread and posts. I can remember looking forward to any gun show that came to Arizona. Now, I purposly stay away from them altogether. Its been at least two years since attending the last one. We recently had a gun show in Phoenix, AZ 3 weeks ago. It was the first major show since our new president elect won the nomination. Knowing that it would be a kaotic nightmare, I asked several friends who were going to give me a call upon returning home for a run down of the event. All my predictions were correct. No deals, & way over priced guns & ammo. By far the ammo quest was the high point of the show, with googles of folks buying large quanities of ammo. Most of us in the old days, would go on the last day of the show looking for the "deals" By the last day in this show almost all the ammo was gone, and what was left, was odd ball calibers or so overpriced, that even a commoner in the industry could tell a bad deal. If your looking for a one in the million firearm you can't find any where else, a gun show might be your last straw. But be prepaired to pay top dollar, and wear some good supportive shoes, because your going to need them!!! capttom:wavey::flag:

·
1911auto Supporters
286 Posts
I'm still a gun show nut!:nuts: I've picked up several good deals lately by checking out the individuals walking around with a gun over their shoulder.
At the last gun show I picked up a preban style NHM 91 heavy barrel AK for 450. Do a drivers license check and good to go.
I like guns and being around people that like them. Sometimes I find a good deal and sometimes not. The search however, is part of the fun.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I picked up a NIB Arsenal SA93 Milled AK for $500 about 3 weeks ago so $1000 foe a wasr is just way to high. Go on Gunbroker buy one for the $550 they are fetching have it shipped to a FFL and you will walk out $400 ahead. The transfer fee will off set the sales tax savings

·
1911auto Supporters
341 Posts
Guy sounds like the south end of a north bound jackass to me. Hopefully you brought some negative attention to him and his booth by laughing at him and letting everyone around know why you was doing it. Then laughed even harder if he started squaking like a 2 pound chicken laying a 3 pound egg over the whole ordeal. I know I would have but then again I am just kinda like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.