1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done it....and it's all your fault. I just ordered my .45 Tactical Commander from Bob. Oh geez...10 weeks...:dancingbananna::dancingbananna:

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Congrats and it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just ordered my t-comm a few days before you. Anything we can do to pass the time? Solitaire? Exchange spooky ghost stories? I dunno...10 weeks is a long time. I am going to be, like, really old by then.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Fusion Kool-aid is the way to pass the time, just the DW fans do with Stumpblower. It is a magic elixir and renowned for making time fly. Don't ask the recipe, I don't know but someone should.:dancingbananna:

Congrats on your guys purchases.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Congrats can't wait for the pics

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MMMmmmm...Kool-Aid

Fusion Kool-aid is the way to pass the time, just the DW fans do with Stumpblower. It is a magic elixir and renowned for making time fly. Don't ask the recipe, I don't know but someone should.:dancingbananna:

Congrats on your guys purchases.:biggrin:
Does it come in da purple flavor??:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I need some pics too. I need to learn about these.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Congratulations, can't wait for pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ghostlight,

Way to go! I'm working with Mr. Serva right now on a build - I know the wait can be painful - But wait till you get your .45 in your hands - you will be :nuts:

Did you order the Commander .45 listed on the website or did you change or add any other features?

Your response might give me ideas for my build :shades:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
having it built

Ghostlight,

Way to go! I'm working with Mr. Serva right now on a build - I know the wait can be painful - But wait till you get your .45 in your hands - you will be :nuts:

Did you order the Commander .45 listed on the website or did you change or add any other features?

Your response might give me ideas for my build :shades:
Draven,
I decided to have it built with some changes from the website gun. I went with the Tactical Commander in .45 cal, but am having the slide and all small parts done in brushed stainless. Using the Pro 'SK' Hammer and the Pro Aluminum 'K' LT trigger. Beveled/Chamfered stainless MagWel. Bob turned me on too a Serrated sure lock slide stop instead of standard one, and Trijicon night sights front and rear. And finishing it off with the White cocobala smooth thin grips. Bob is also going to Rdius and dehorn all edges for me as I intend to carry this one.

I can hardly wait!!!:hairpull:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Draven,
I decided to have it built with some changes from the website gun. I went with the Tactical Commander in .45 cal, but am having the slide and all small parts done in brushed stainless. Using the Pro 'SK' Hammer and the Pro Aluminum 'K' LT trigger. Beveled/Chamfered stainless MagWel. Bob turned me on too a Serrated sure lock slide stop instead of standard one, and Trijicon night sights front and rear. And finishing it off with the White cocobala smooth thin grips. Bob is also going to Rdius and dehorn all edges for me as I intend to carry this one.

Those sound like some great features - it makes me excited about working on the details for my future build. I wonder if Mr. Serva has the time to post pictures as he is building each piece - it would be cool to view the pistol in the making :biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I seem to have stumbled into the fold of fusion owners as well. This is my first build...well, first 1911 period. Now after a couple weeks of compiling a parts list and going over every detail I can imagine with Bob ( bless him for being so patient ), I am ready to send him payment. I can definitely say that, I too, am as giddy as a 13-yearold schoolgirl going to her first dance. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Splittoungue,

This is also my first 1911 as well -Isn't it cool to be involved in the building process!!!

What kind of parts did you come up with for your build? The more I learn about different parts I feel it helps me design a better pistol.
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Draven,

Ghostlight,

Your build sounds like its going to be an amazing pistol. You mention the slide will be done in brushed stainless - what does that look like? For my pistol I want the the finish to look like an Ed Brown Kobra Carry in the Stainless finish - I could not find on their website what he considers the polish level. It is not mirror finished, it is more of a satin or matte kind of frosted finish - All I know is it is a very beautiful finish. Now if I only knew the name I could ask for it!

I am also designing my Fusion for carry - So I have been picking up ideas from other members and other builds. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Splittoungue,

This is also my first 1911 as well -Isn't it cool to be involved in the building process!!!

What kind of parts did you come up with for your build? The more I learn about different parts I feel it helps me design a better pistol.
:biglaugh:
1911 full size frame with 6" slide Novak cuts. I had to go with the Hi-Impact K Colt trigger group and a checkered mag well main spring housing, tactical ambidextrous safety.... everything else I just went with what I thought was 'top of the line'. I chose to go with a full length guide rod.....but I'm still a little reserved. Following all the discussions they have on the pros and cons of the different guide rods really has me procrastinating. heh. But yeah, being able to take part in the build process is one of the main reasons I chose to go with a custom from Fusion. I knew nothing about the 1911 before I took on this venture and the little bit of knowledge I have learned in the last few months has definitely got me hooked on the 1911 sub-culture.

I should be sending out my payment this week...but I keep stumbling on more and more information that has me running over my list again and again. Poor Bob has received a crap load of e-mails from me all laced with a plethora of questions. And to my amazement, he's answered every single one of them within a day of my sending them. Really appreciated by this 1911 newbie :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stainless Slide

Ghostlight,

Your build sounds like its going to be an amazing pistol. You mention the slide will be done in brushed stainless - what does that look like? For my pistol I want the the finish to look like an Ed Brown Kobra Carry in the Stainless finish - I could not find on their website what he considers the polish level. It is not mirror finished, it is more of a satin or matte kind of frosted finish - All I know is it is a very beautiful finish. Now if I only knew the name I could ask for it!

I am also designing my Fusion for carry - So I have been picking up ideas from other members and other builds. Any suggestions?
Best example I know of is shown here on this site under "this one's for WWIIBUFF" I have to admit I took the stainless look from his delivered gun.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't like it..........I LOVE IT!!!

I fell in total lust with your gun when I found it in the original listing, and I blatently admit to copying it.....Hope you don't mind:wink: They do say immitation is the greatest form of flattery......great taste!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts