1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On it way to the great state of Arizona, for some sun and fun with our good friend George D. This is a very Sweet Fusion Firearms Scout XL, Long slide in 45 acp with Ion Bond DLC Finish on the Frame and Slide. She feels like she is riding on bearings. George, being an avid Target Shooter and multiple Fusion customer, wanted accuracy and function to be number 1. George will be drilling one hole’rs with this beauty.

SO nice it makes me cry to give her up!!:bawling:
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
331 Posts
That is one sexy pistol. It's making me rethink my opinion on long slides.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well boy's she's a shooter.

:flag: Bob & his crew have done it again! They took a concept I had & created a diamond in the rough. She intises you with her beauty and functions like a big rig rolling down a freshly paved buttered highway at mach III. I first started out bench shooting at 5 yards, increasing to 15 yards, keeping the shot groups within a 1/2" moa. Feeling confident, I went to a standing unsupported shooting position, keeping the groups at 3/4" moa. I'm sure my failing eye site and diabetes kept me from tighter groups, but I was shooting better than normal. The action/recoil is as smooth as silk, & made fast shooting a breeze. I had several on lookers at the range, playing 20 questions with me. Needless to say, I was greedy, and didn't let any one handler her. She is the second Fusion Firearms 1911 I had Bob build. The 1st being a Commander built to my spec, with Bob's advise. We have just finalized another build, and all I can tell you, is her name, "NCOM" I will let Bob disclose info or pic's as he see's fit. If this doesn't get your attention, I will share his closing comment with you, "This is going to be a really COOL build" :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Beautiful enough to make Ned Buntline duck his head.
Man that is a good lookin side arn.

·
Registered
88 Posts
RE; George's Scout XL LS

2nd day at the range celebrating my 53rd "B" day, for my new Fusion XL LS, and a cool overcast day of shooting with friends. Out of the eight 1911's I brought this fine day, my new fusion Scout XL LS was the favorite of every one. She shot the tightest groups, and was the favorite of two ex Special Forces guy's, and my loving wife. My wife nicknamed her the "Cadilac" of our 1911 inventory and has claimed it as hers. Well, "HELL", there all hers in a way. That extra inch of slide/barrel, and a smooth as butter action, that feels like your riding on ball bearings, makes it fun and a one holer's paradise. The red fiber optic front sight, has quick target aquisition, even during rapid fire. We actually had two good friends who never shot before, and with the ease of the Scout XL LS they were quickly shooting 1/2" groups at 15 yds, standing un-supportive shooting. Thanks again Bob, you made my 53rd "B" day that much more special, by building a one in a million dream 1911, that has become our favorite. capttom.

·
Registered
88 Posts
George's XL LS

Went shooting at o:Dark Thirty this AM. AS usual Fusion's XL LS out did the competition. My wife & I shot several 1911's, Fusion XL LS, Para LTC Mil. Spec, Kimber Covert Pro II, and my Sig P220 Super Match. All performed well, but the two which shot a cut above the rest were the Fusion XL LS, & my Sig P220 Super Match. We shot at 15, 20, & 25 yds, bench supportive. My wife was amazed as to how well the Fusion grouped at 25 yards. Now if I can get her to hit the target she is aiming at, instead of the ones above and below the intended target, all will be good. I also got to prove why we keep the "JUDGE" as our inexpesive home protection gun which is the only firearm not locked up in our vault. 410 bird shot & Double Odd Buck are no match for an unwanted intruder. I have finally got her over her fear of firing it, in double action, all 5 shots in 5 seconds. We elected the 6 1/2" barrel, over the 3" barrel, and when using 45LC you might as well just through the revolver at the intruder, you would have a much better chance of hitting him. Thanks to Bob and his crew for building a great 1911 6", which is fun and "DEAD ON", to shoot. capttom, :flag:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.