1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

Okay I am trying to decide between the two and would like some input. They seem to be pretty close in features. The ones that are different I am planning to change such as the trigger and sights. The major difference will be (obviously) one is stainless and the other Mil-Spec Deep Matte Pro-Series Black OXide finish. I am thinking the stainless will hold up better over the long run and not requires refinishing etc. If I had the cash I would just buy both. lol Which one would you choose and why?

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I would like to see the stainless myself. I have a few pistols and my shooters are all Stainless. That is my personal perferance only .In Combat I would say Blk Oxide which is just stainless with a coating anyways but because it may reflect light I would chose the Blk.

·
Registered
747 Posts
thercman,

You can get different finishes if you want. Bob also offers Yukon coat and ion bond finishes. As far as sights and triggers and such, you can order any kind that you want, even ones that aren't offered by Fusion. Bob will order them for you and install them.

One difference between the two styles that you are looking at is that the pro series guns are built on forged frames and the scout series are built on cast frames. I'm not going to say that one is better than the other, but they are different.

If I were you, I would just figure out a slide and frame combo that I want, and then pick all of the parts and finish, and just have Bob do a custom build for you. That is what I did, and it turned out to be the nicest gun I have ever owned. Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I did know about the difference on the frames. I will pose that question to him when I call. I did get a quote back today for the Pro-Series SS 10mm with a bobtail. I also change the sights to the Novak adjustable Tritium rear, front Dove Tail trijicon tritium, a Pro-Sereies "SK" hammer, Pro-Series "K" trigger. If you can envision that. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.