1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just playing around with one of our Fusion Hunter Tact-5’s. We generally do these in Black Oxide or Ion Bond, so we decided to try one with some color and WOW.. Very Sweet. The Fusion Yukon coat adds a real nice look and Durable finish to this very rugged tactical unit. Any suggestions on other color combo’s are welcome, let us know what you think about what colors would look good together.
Thanks again for all your support

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've always been fond of the black over gray myself...

That gun looks slick, I've never been a fan of OD on guns as OD is one of those colors that just doesn't have a place unless you're in full camo, face paint and all....

But I think I'd still carry that one. :biggrin:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Bob,

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. I'm usually not a fan of the OD green either, but with the black controls it looks amazing! I second the black over gray, but make sure that the controls are black. I am still very impressed with the green though. I think those VZ Operator grips are perfect for that gun and color combo.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
That is the 1st "green gun" that I have seen that really does look good...

Up until now...I've wondered what everybody saw in colored guns...now I know.

Good job.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Gray with black controls would look good.

I'm not a fan of OD myself but I think this Fusion pulls it off. :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm not a fan of the OD green or tan frames myself, but if I have to have one it'd be a fusion pistol. I guess I could give you $5 for it just to take it off your hands.......:thinking::eek::biggrin:
Don't take this the wrong way as it's strictly my personal opinion and may be overharsh, but I've always thought of the green and tan frames as "Mall ninja bait". It looks tactical but I don't know any real warriors who have one. Again, just my opinion, not meant to offend anyone. You know what they say about opinions and certain "orifices". :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
BTW...

Just in case...whats the price tag on that pistol? I have a friend that asked me about a 1911 with a rail the other day...he was asking which brand he could get for $1000 or so.

I told him to look at Fusion but he had never heard of you guys yet...

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is listed on our website under in stock 1911's, go to the 1911 parts page and then click on in stock 1911's.

We have more coming, and yes more Grey and Black,

·
Registered
331 Posts
You two sure as hell aren't helping me out any with my wife. If you keep posting pistols like that who knows what will happen. Those are some very sweet looking pistols.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Black slide, OD Green frame, gets Special OPS guy's excited!

After recieving my new XL Scout Ellite LS from Fusion Firearms a few weeks ago, my mind was racing for an idea I had on a carry 1911. "BAM", I saw the Hunter TACT-5 with Yukon Black over OD Green coating. The look and durability is well desired in the Special OPS field, and even retired for a quite a few years now, it grabbed me like a desireable woman, dressed to kill, intising you with every angle. My concept is a carry 1911, full size frame, officers slide, high end enternals, mag well, single right hand shooter saftey, ext. mag relase, rear bowmar low profile two dot sight/ front red fiber optic sight, and the cream of the crop, Yukon Black slide, black controls, and OD Green frame. I prefer the feel of a full size frame, and have elected to have Bob put the Houge rap around finger groved rubber grips on her as well. We have just completed all the changes and Bob has sent her to production. So now I get to wait impatiently, while in Bob's words, gets to do, a "REALLY COOL BUILD" !!! So I for one like the new Yukon Coatings and feel they will be a huge sucsess, especialy with all the goodies inside, that Fusion Firearms incorperates in thier builds.:flag::wavey:

·
Registered
60 Posts
but can you do it in a longslide version with the following changes to the pistol
-x-6."inchs long slide with front and rear cocking serrations
-x-6.inchs long drop in threaded for supp with thread protectors on the barrels-x-4-extras drop in no gunsmithinh typle thread pistol barrels
-x-wayne novak styple fixed combat night sights with inserts
-x-dehone the completely the pistol
-x-chain link on the frame front and rear of the frame grips areas
-x-ed brown bobtail
-x-7.pd crisp trigger pull just like a 4.1/2,pd trigger very crisp but a hgher pull wieght
as for a ccw and home defense pistol
-x-two tone color like the black slide and od green color frame
-x-wilson combat fireing pin safety system design like the fbi swat team 1911 pistol
-x-wilson new combat n47 pistol mags
-x-chip mcmormik power 10.rd mags
-x-be able to use the marvel 22.lr.longslide partice slide just swap and shoot typle
-x-interchangeable scope mount system for use as a short range hunting weapon
keep the all the other items on the pistol as need
must be able to use the following ammo
-x-self defense and duty ammo-x-rem-230-grain hollow points
-x-special ammo-x-buckammo-x-300.grain rebated hollowpoints for supp use and a hunting as need
-x-pratice ammo-x-rem-230-grain hardball
i am waiting for my yhm cobra m-2-45-acp supp paperwork to reach the class three dealer that iam useing..they have all ready cashed my check and now just waiting for the paperwork to get back to the dealer ..so i can pick up my new supp
i would like to keep the price down to around $.3500.00 dollars..pm me with info if you can do the above typle pistol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.