1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate comments from anyone who might own a Fusion CCO-configured pistol, particularly one having an aluminum frame.
Thanks......
DD

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
The CCOs with an alloy frame are rare, We have done some and they are running well. Here is one we just finished in 45 acp with the Ion Bond DLC finish. They are a very unique piece. Thanks for the question:smile::smile:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
Thank you for the quick response. It is quite flattering also to get a response directly from you, I have long been a fan of your work.
When you say "alloy", is it Mostly aluminum? And if so, is it inherently hard enough to stand up to the task, or is the hardness found at the surface where it is anodized? Also, how does the Fusion alloy compare with, say, the Colt Gunsite CCO? I have a couple of those and love the lighter weight.
Also, with the Fusion, is a steel frame an option?
Regards,
DD

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
That's just pretty doggone sweet.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Dale, you may be a little high there. Colt's lwt xse cdr full size frame is 26 oz, the dw cco is 1.7 lb which is about 27. 32 is in the steel frame range, 32-34.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
No problem, stuff happens. Can't be perfect perfect all the time.:rofl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.