1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking about a build with Bob and hope to have it ordered soon.

The one thing I haven't seen with Fusion guns is someone actually put one in a mechanical rest and see how they really do accuracy wise. Have I missed this or has it not been done yet?

I have no doubt that the pistols shoot great but would just like to see some hard data before I send in my 1700 bucks.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would like to see the same thing as I am getting close to sending a nice chunk of change to Bob and Co. Bob told me that Fusions are routinely getting 5 shot groups between 1" and 1.3" at 25 yards, with many even shooting under an inch. Sounds good to me. I am in the process of selling one of my other nice .45s to get a custom Fusion. I am confident that Fusions are much more accurate than I am, but it is nice to have room for improvement. What I mean by this is, if I have a gun that is only capable of 3" groups at 25yds, and I can shoot that well, then there is no room for improvement. If I have a gun that is capable of 1" groups and I can shoot 3" groups, well then I have some room to see results from practice :wink:. Anyway, I don't think that you will be dissapointed by the accuracy of a Fusion. If for some reason all is not well in the accuracy department, I'm sure that Bob will take care of it for you if the problem is gun related. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
With my limited shooting ability, old eyes, I have seen incredible accuracy over the other 1911's I own. I have no doubt that most folks will "grow into" the accuracy of their Fusion.
:biggrin::biggrin:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hard data would be great to have -

Pratical hands on experience is helpful as well. I will share what my experiece has been. I have a 10mm longslide. Smooth as slide in function-tight in fit - flawless in finish.
My longslide was one of the first out - I can not give you 25yard experience -(old eyes - I am 61). Harder to hold POA and see out that far.

Here is a target at about 15 yards - 5 shot group as I remember! You be the judge. :thinking:(please discount the flyer):redface:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I built a Scout kit in 9mm and it is a fabulous firearm. I shoot weekly in an indoor IDPA type league and had been using a Colt or Sig. I would consistently place 6th or 7th in both the league and the fun speed round after the league. With the Fusion, I jumped to 1st or 2nd in the speed round the first two nights and on the third week won the league. Two rounds, timed move / shoot / reload / accuracy 32 shoots in 37.5 seconds, no misses. My ability did not change that much in two weeks, it is the Fusion. I am selling the Colt (GCNM, ex series 80) and will purchase another kit in 45ACP as a competition pistol. BTW, the other shooters understand it is the Fusion, they are trying to come up with a way to narrow the "acceptable" guns so this Fusion is not usable in the league. I'll have the 45 ready by then, I hope.

I know this did not directly answer your question about accuracy from a rest, but thought it would give an observation.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Easy enough to discount one flyer when all the rest make one hole.
Good shooting w/ a great gun.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Perhaps, but look how close that one flyer is to the rest of them and making everything one ragged hole.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
WOW, Thank you for the very nice comments and great shooting!!!

I have shot ransom rests for many years, and have set-up many bullseye guns this way. Don't be surprised if you get a flyer in the group. You will find that sometime the pistol will move some settling into the grip fixture in the rest. also the repeatably of re-setting the rest shot after shot has some variables. I noticed this when I added a dial indicator to the rest to make sure it was reset them same every time. You can than see the variables of just the pressure from you resting the rest shot to shot.

Thanks again,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.