1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ordered a pair of Fusion's from Bob (who is a heck of a patient guy).
Stainless steel tactical frames
IonBond slides
Brushed stainless furniture and magwell
Extended Tactical ambi thumb safety
Pro Series Hammer and Carbon Fiber Trigger
BoMar rear and fiber optic front

My IDPA and USPSA Single Stack buddies are going to hate me I am sure.
Will post a range report as soon as possible.
Bob, if you see this and want to post pics, feel free.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Thanks for the order and the post. We will put some pictures up as we build if you would like..
Thanks again for your support!!
:smile::smile:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will probably torture me more but sounds good to me. Would be interesting to see a pair of 1911's come to life. Thanks again Bob.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Than will also be a sweet smell to us who have have a desire for one in the future. I am all eyes too.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Barney,
Your pair sounds very similar to the gun that Bob is currently building for me. There are some differences such as sights, and hammer, plus mine will not have a magwell. I am however, getting the same frame and my slide will be Ion bonded as well. Mine is a .45acp though. It's a tough wait, but I don't have the remainder of the money to send to Bob right now anyway. I can't wait to see pics of your new babies :nuts:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got an email from Bob the other day. They should be working on my Fusion pair this week. I can't wait. Hopefully the pics will be up soon. :flag:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am hoping the same brother! Much longer and my wife is going to kill be for being so anxious. :crazy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update!

Got an email from Bob end of last week. Looks like the twins should be finished this week! :biggrin: Pics should be posted for all to see. My prayers have been answered!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I know, I know....

Waiting for something you are looking forward to isn't fun. We work almost every day and some long hours at that but we can't rush things too much. We want to make sure every pistol that leaves the shop is as close to perfect as humanly possible. I know you guys can appreciate that but waiting still sucks doesn't it? Hopefully the wait is worth it when you open the box and your jaw drops to the floor. And then when you touch it off the first time you get that awesome feeling that only we gun guys can understand! :flag: Hang in there, we're working on them!! You're probably wondering why I'm here typing instead of building guns, well it's my night off. Everyone needs one of those right? Ok, maybe not from your perspective. :wink:

Dale.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Update II

Got another email from Bob today at work. Getting the VZ grips put on is all that is left to do. Pics should be up VERY shortly! :brave:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The wait is over!

Bob just sent pictures this morning. :dancingbananna: Now I just have to sweat out the travel time. They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Look out IDPA and IPSC! I have no excuses now. I will file a range report as soon as I actually get them in hand and at the range. I have nothing but good expectations. Very nice Bob!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pictures

donkey I think you are going to have to wait on Bob. I have been trying to do it for the last hour and can't. I am not a computer guy. Trust me, when Bob does, you are going to love them.

·
Registered
331 Posts
That's still no excuse. We demand pictures. It's not fair to lead us on like that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.