1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the gun earlier this week and finally made it to the range. Put 200 rounds through it today without a single hiccup, totally flawless. Tried it against my Colt Gold Cup NM Series 70 which is my most accurate handgun. Was adjusting the sights on the Fusion throughout the session to get point of impact right on. May still have some windage adjustments to make. The first target (fusion only) was before I shot the Colt (which has a tendency to have hammer bite). The Colt bit me today so the second comparison target is with the Colt firing normally until nearly the last shot and then the Fusion with blood running down the palm of my hand making shooting "difficult". I was afraid the range personnel would think I had shot myself...wiping blood on pants, etc. I had to remove grips to clean both guns before I took the photos. The Fusion has a great beavertail on the grip safety. It would be virtually impossible to get hammer bite with the Fusion. Recoil on both seemed nearly identical. The long slide really tames recoil. By the way, the grips on the Colt are the Fusion thin cocobolo grips.

All targets are shot standing without a rest. The lighting at the indoor range was not very good so I know I could improve. Ammo for the 10mm was American Eagle 180gr FMJ. Ammo for the 45ACP was Magtech 230gr FMJ. Neither ammo was picked for any particular reason except price. No accuracy loads used in this test.

Early birthday present for me. Wohoo!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a PM on this thread, but can't open it. Please feel free to post as a comment here or e-mail me at [email protected].

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Yep your not the only ones having the prob .. Ill let jerry know

Great shooting and great looking Gun

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Absolutely beautiful handgun.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For nickE10mm, request for photos with the slide locked back, let me know if you want me to focus on anything in particular.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got in some ammo from Double Tap. Will try to make it to the range later this week to see how the Fusion does with full loads.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got back to the range with my new Fusion Firearms 10mm Longslide and got the sights dialed in better. The top photo is 8 rounds on American Eagle 180JHP at 50 ft. I had one shoulder against the lane divider because I had already put about 200 rounds through it and I was getting tired.

The second target is 16 rounds of Double Tap 200gr Lead Wide Flat Nose Gas Check, the Beartooth hard cast bullets standing with no rest or support.

The gun worked well with the Double Tap 165 Gold Dot HP too, but I had been shooting for over two hours and I had to leave when a waiting list developed. I was planning to shoot a 8-round target with this load too, but did not get a chance.

I will try to get a rest and try some longer range shooting soon.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Wish I could shoot my longslide like that. Very nice and thanks for the pics.

Snag

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Snag,

This range is very dimly lit at the shooter position. You can't see sight alignment well, especially against a black target. The F/O front sight does not illuminate (but good for checking the low-flash qualities of the so-called low flash ammo...DT is the best I have tried!). So I tried something different. I took a black majic marker and made a small black dot on the back of the target directly opposite of the X in the 10-ring. Then I shot the target backwards. I could see my sight alignment against the light-colored background of the backwards target. Hope that is not cheating!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Some Good shooting there

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I made the dot on the back of the target as small as I could easily see with the distance and poor lighting. Aim small, hit small.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
WOW!!!
Thank you for a very nice range report!! These are sweet groups with factory ammo. Keep up the good work:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Thanks again,
Bob
Fusion

·
Registered
9 Posts
mountainclmbr,
Do you have other inserts for your FO sight? I've found some of the other colors help me when the sun starts to set or shooting inside. I love mine. Just curious.
Regards,
IQ45

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only have the red insert. This range is so dimly lit at the shooting position that it is the same as standard blued sights. I was able to put a small dot on the back side of my targets to get rid of the black-on-black effect.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts