1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just found an ad on one of the larger gun auction sites stating:

I JUST RECEIVED FROM THE FACTORY 45 ACP BOBTAILS & 10MM RAZORBACKS (RZ10). THESE ALL HAVE MINOR COSMETIC BLEMISHES SO SLIGHT I CAN'T EVEN SEE THEM. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN SOLD BEFORE AND ARE NOT DEMO GUNS.
Can anyone explain how this is possible? Is this a BS ad or a scam? Does the factory release "seconds" or "blems" and are they available anywhere?

Thanks all

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes they have pistols they sell with minor finish problems . They have a upside down Y in serial number. Have full factory warrenty Just a blemish some where. Can be bought about $100 or so cheaper then regular . Their is nothing wrong with the pistol It shoots just as good as the others. Like I said factory warrenty is still their for repair if needed.
I have bought several 2nds from Cold Steel Knife company and have yet to find what was wrong. This are same way very minior and you will likely need to search to find the blem

If I had known about these when I bought mine. I would have bought one

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's a way to recoup some money from the pistol without having to scrap it totally. Sometimes you are actually hard pressed to even see the blemish.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Several have reported being unable to find any blemish at all. DW's explanation is that if they ship a new gun with a blemish,no matter how minor,if somebody finds it he will raise a royal stink. You gotta respect a company that doesn't say "good enough"! :bravo:

A few years back I got a $200 pair of Tony Lamas for $70,they were size 11 but marked size 9 on the inside. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is a factory blem model. It runs dead nuts accurate. One of the most accurate pistol's I've ever owned out of the box, literally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.