1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,
A customer of ours asked if we would post the pictures of the twins he is having built for him and his brother. His brother lives in a different state and wanted him to see them before they were finished. These two commanders are still in the white getting final prepped for Black Oxide.

Thank you,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looking good Bob!!!:smile::smile:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Looking good so far

·
Registered
19 Posts
The thread might also be called "Brother Fusions". One of them is mine. The other belongs to my brother, who can chime in if he wishes, since he is also a member here and knows firearms and 1911's far better than I.

The twins are the 03 Commanders. Since Bob had already designed a fantastic gun, the only requested modification was the Big Dot tritium front sight. The only difference in the two will be the grips. I opted for the red/black VZ's while my brother's will wear the white Cocobola.

As everyone has commented in other threads, it has been a pleasure to deal with Bob and Fusion.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Very nice! Family heirlooms for sure! Do they have consecutive serials?

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Sounds like fun. I will look forward to future pics as the build goes along.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, they do have consecutive serial numbers. And, while they are going to different places initially, they'll be visiting from time to time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought I'd add my 2c to the mix, since I'm the 'other' brother involved in this purchase. When Frank "discovered" Fusion last year, the decision to buy 2 guns was made in about a 48 hr time frame. Neither of us have a Commander length 1911 and the prospect of being able to afford a personalized custom gun, coupled with Bob's track record, made for a quick decision.
I'm excited by the progress so far -the pictures are great - and I'll (we'll) post pix of the final product(s) after I (we) take delivery (which looks to be pretty soon).

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Real nice idea guys and I can't wait to see pics when they are finished.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Guys, This is a fun build! When I started them I couldn't help but wonder if you brothers are twins. Bob told me they were for brothers and I thought it was kinda cool. I hope the guns get to visit often!! I can't wait to see the finished products myself.

Be safe!
Dale.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
How about some more Pics

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry, Dale, we're not twins. I'm good looking and he's not.:) Since we both have young adult kids who enjoy shooting (and sometimes outshoot their fathers) you may get to build some "second generations" sometime in the future.

By the way, I wanted to mention that one of the reasons the decision to buy was made quickly was due to the fact that there was a slight price increase (still a bargain) but Bob told me without hesitation that he'd honor the old price because I had exchanged emails with him a few days earlier. He had absolutely no obligation to do so, since I had not obligated myself in any way, but his gesture left no doubt that Fusion was the place to do business. You guys deserve the great reputation that you are building along with your fine guns.

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
That's just too cool.

My brother would be more impressed with matching guitars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[Sorry, Dale, we're not twins. I'm good looking and he's not]
Of course, that's all relative. Here's a picture of UltraTacky as a baby

and here's another, taken last week

I'd post some of my photos, but after seeing my brother, I wouldn't want to scare you guys, since he's the "good looking one"!!
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
188 Posts
THose pics are simply hysterical!

Sorry, Dale. I didn't mean the pistols ;)

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Franks Twins.... Late night Photos..... Enjoy
Thanks,
Bob
:smile::smile::smile:

·
Forum Supporter
141 Posts
Sweet!