1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Sheepdog
1,235 Posts
I shoot bowling pins and NRA Action plates once a month---work not getting in the way. Bowling pins was/is my first love. I've shot USPSA/IPSC, IDPA, speed & falling steel, NRA Action pistol, Bullseye--the most boring imo. I'm sure there are others I've shot, but I'm drawing a blank right now. Tracy

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bowling pins are thye best fun shoots I feel also, My avg was 4-5 seconds to clear a table.IDPA is my second and the Steel limited class is my third and resently Practical pistol. I also shoot Police L matches (which are like Bulleseye but you also have timed and Rapid fire. Tracey

·
Registered
883 Posts
Mine would have to be USPSA/IPSC then steel and third IDPA. I don't agree with all the rules in IDPA. For example the rule that if you don't shoot to slide lock you can not drop the mag with out points being deducted even if the mag is empty.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
USMCMP that rules was made to sharpen your reloading your mags in a firefight. The trick is load only what you need to complete that stage. In real life sure I would use a speed reload and just drop the mag and reload before the mag is empty. IDPA has some unrealistic rules but they are in place for some reason.

·
Registered
565 Posts
USMCMP that rules was made to sharpen your reloading your mags in a firefight. The trick is load only what you need to complete that stage. In real life sure I would use a speed reload and just drop the mag and reload before the mag is empty. IDPA has some unrealistic rules but they are in place for some reason.
I agree on IDPA rules for reloads, not for real world.

·
Registered
3 Posts
IDPA has a rule, that you can not drop any ammo on the ground (i.e. half loaded magazine). Stages can be set up for up to 2 reloads, or have no reloads, it depends on the MD.

The local club I shoot at have several stages each month which are limited. I.e. only 6 shots or only 12 shots etc. This makes IDPA a bit more challenging.

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Standard for IDPA is 10 shot max. Yes you can go lower but never higher. It hurts us 1911 shooters due to the fact we can't you 10 round mags, so are force to lose a split second doing a tactical reload at most cases.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.