1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I have used the sight before .. but you still have to refer to a manual as some of the loads before were way over spec .. they even warn you to check the manuals.. maybe its gotten better in the past few years but most of it was a reprint from the lyman manuals and the rest was not real verifiable data..

Just my experience

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All true Bud I'm sure....but we should always work up.

I have been looking through it...95% of it is quoted from reloading manuals (Barnes, Lyman, Nosler, Hornady, Speer to name a few)

·
Registered
327 Posts
And if you want to reload, and your internet is down?????????

I'll always have manuals nearby.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ridge, do they reprint the data from those manuals with permission? Did they purchase the rights to the data, or just take it?
I ask because it's just my luck to pay $30 then the site gets shut down due to infringement and I lose my money.

After all, Hornady and Speer and Lyman and the others don't give their data away, they publish books and sell them. You can't even go to their web sites and get it for free. You gotta buy the book from them. At $30 per year I can buy one or two new books every year (Speer is on sale at Cabela's for $9.99 right now.)

So does loaddata.com steal and copy the data, or reprint it with permission?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea....but they could probably get a book too (same as us)...and we reprint it often here.

I like the site because Barnes manuals are sorta hard to come by...and I really like Barnes bullets.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I already have all the Barnes PDF documents...the thing I didn't make clear is this...

Try finding reloading info for Barnes 62 grain TSX bullets using Reloder 15 (223 Rem.)...everybody is so stuck on Varget, H335, BLC2, W748, TAC and such that they overlooked the best of the bunch...Reloder 15.

Let me put it another way...that site is a great place to find whats in other manuals...without going out and buying them just for 1 load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.