1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I get closer and closer to ordering my Fusion, here is another question for the experts. FLGR or GI? What's your preference and why? I only have experience with GI style and thought it is quite simple to take it apart. Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
GI, especially for carry. It takes a little weight off of the gun and you can still "press check".

The only gun I have seen an improvement by adding a FLGR is my Norinco. I was getting an occasional flyer and the FLGR helped the lockup which eliminated the flyer.

The Fusion is fit so well that I don't think you will see a difference.

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
GI, I take flgr's out and replace them with a gi.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bob sent me pictures of my build in progress last week and I realized that on the operating table was a two-piece FLGR. For no other reason than the ease of takedown, I asked him to swap it out for a GI setup after consulting him on his opinion of the differences between the two.

That said, I have a one-piece FLGR in my Fusion that does not require any special tools or procedures to take down, and I've had no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.