1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a fusion wide thumb safety for my SA GI .45. It won't go in all the way, but my stock one will. I'm trying to figure out what part of the safety I actually have to fit.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
The Stud pointing out usually the bottom part of what looks like a V let me see if i can find a pic

Sometimes you need to fit both parts of the safety to the sear

·
Registered
4,029 Posts

A borrowed pic but you usually need to file the sear engagment area and some times the hammer clearing area to clear the hammer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic and the help. Is that something that you just have to play with or is there a way to mock it up outside of the frame?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
nope fit file and try fit file and try

·
Premium Member
5,072 Posts
Only file it one swipe at a time and test it. Have plenty of patience. It's VERY easy to go past the point of no return and don't be in any hurry.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
But just remember if you do screw it up, Edison said he didn't fail 200 times on the light bulb, he only found 200 ways NOT to make a light bulb.

Your welcome for the optimism, and the attaboy. :whistle:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't recall where it is, or who posted it, but someone has their scout build I believe on here, which is really shedding some light for me. That and the fact that really oughta get the right tools and that 2 vol. 1911 book that I can't remember the name of right now either. Man it was a long day..:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts