1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a big spot of rust on the bushing on my DW Patriot. That's odd,because that's the only rust I've ever gotten on any of my guns. Anyway it bugs the heck out me,and I'm just gonna replace it with an EGW thick bushing.

So here's my question: Do I just measure the diameters with calipers,order as close as I can,and file as necessary? Can it really be that easy? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Well it took me a couple of hours, but I used the dremel ever so slightly, then used emery cloth and sanded by hand until the bushing fit just like I wanted.

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you have exact measurments, they can make it to those for you. BTW, look at the carry bevel bushing; very cool. Also, don't forget the guide rod plug; it is made extra thick to go flush with the new bushing.

Here's the set on my PM7:

·
Banned
1,461 Posts
I love EGW Bushings I have them on most of my 1911's.
Know what your OD of barrel and ID of slide, they sell them buy the OD size check it out you may get lucky and have very little fitting up to do.
Vic

·
Banned
1,461 Posts

Just finished fitting this bushing to my Dan Wesson Commander, it take some work, I always buy the gunsmith fit ones, but love the .12 flange on it, besides it protects the barrel somewhat also, and if this shoots as well as last weeks one, I will but them on all my 1911's.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I fitted EGW bushings to both of my Springers...a GI and a Loaded. Only took me about an hour on the GI and a whopping half hour on the Loaded. Vast improvements in performance. I had planned on replacing the bushing on my Colt, but what the heck, I checked it out and the factory Springer GI bushing in the parts box fit pretty darned good. Gotta love it!!:wink:

·
I need a vacation
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I chickened out and sent to Severns Custom. He got me all squared away with a thick stainless bushing and plug, and I'm pleased as punch. I'll get pics when I get around to it.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.