1911 Forums : 1911Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Concept VII was unveiled today at the range. 200 rounds, no issues.
She ran fine on the Baer 8 round mag, Wilson 8 rounders, ACT MAg 8 rounders and Colt 8 round mag.
Had 2 FTF with CMC 10 rounders, but I attributed those to just being new.
We'll see if the FTF persists next time out. I was going to post the target, but there's not much left after 200 rds!

Shooting at 15 yds, the first 8 rounds were grouped at 3".
I shot several small areas around the target and the groupings were easily repeated.

Overall, the gun was very comfortable and smooth.
I guess I'll keep it!:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I wouldnt worry about the 2 FTF in esp with 10 round mags..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those 10 rounders are tuned for my Single Stack gun when I shoot L10(Colt XSE), and will probly not be used in the Baer except for break-in. Overall I was very pleased with the guns performance and accuracy.

My plan is to get a few of VIrgil Tripp's beauties to permanately accompany the new Baer.:shades:
Then after tuning them to the Baer, I will start carrying that bad boy.
Thanks,
TJ

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm not down playing your success, but it sounds like a pretty typical Baer initiation to me. They just RUNNNN...

IME, CMC mags are about the only ones I shoot with one eyebrow raised. Most times, they run fine, but in a mixed bag-o-mags, chances are better than not that the Chips will provide the hiccup (if there is to be one at all); at least where Baers are concerned.

G

·
CMC 10 rounders sometimes overpenetrate, so don't worry, it's not the gun. Baer mags will make even broken guns run again, so I don't think you'll EVER have any problems with those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts